Safe and Sound

"... Will she be okay?"

"Her condition is very complicated, she grazed part of her frontal lobe. She's recovering well, but she could drift into a coma any moment, and she may not be able to retain her memory of the past few weeks."

"Thank you doctor..."

That voice.... Sounds so familiar

You struggled to open your eyes

But when you did, your eyes settled on a young man sitting in the chair next to you. His face looks so familiar, but you couldn't quite remember why. His brown doe eyes, looking down... His curly brunette locks hung unruly and unbrushed. He looked like he hadn't slept for days.

Poe Dameron... That was his name, suddenly all of your memories came flooding back. First Order ship, TIE fighters, asteroids, and then nothing.

"Poe." You mumbled. His gaze shot up at the sound of your voice

"(Y/n)!" It's astonishing how much emotion could show in one word.

Poe hugged you... Hard.

"Ow!" Pain shot through your chest. "I think I'm still recovering"

"I'm so glad you're okay, this was all my fault. I- I..." Poe held your face in his hands "I'm so sorry (Y/n)."

"It's not your fault, Poe..." Tears welled up in your eyes.

"Don't cry," Poe murmured as he wiped your tears "I won't let you die."

"Don't jinx it." You joked.

"As long as there is breath in my lungs and a beat to my heart, I will protect you." He promised

You smiled softly and cupped his cheek with your hand.

"You're the best training instructor in the universe."

And you kissed him.

Just two days ago, this moment would have only existed in your daydreams... I guess ADHD wasn't a bad thing after all.

I mean, it did  help you find the love of your life.

"I love you, Poe."

"I love you too, (Y/n)"

La Fin