Distracted

It was your dream to be a resistance pilot, ever since the news of the Resistance rising against the First Order reached your planet, Anthan Prime, you wanted so badly to join.

You trained. You took the tests.

Although you flunked due to the fact you were 'distracted too easily', the training supervisor passed you anyways. He said he saw too much raw, untapped energy to keep you out.

For the first time in your entire life, you were glad you had ADHD.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Your best friend waved you over to sit with him.

"Why did the admiral call us here again?" You didn't listen to the message and now you wish you did.

"We're each going to have our own supervisor," Your friend whispered "And they're going to be real Resistance pilots."

"Cool!" You were so excited you could barely sit still.

Admiral Ackbar stepped up and told the cadets the basics of their training, but you weren't listening. Instead, you peeked at the pilots standing on the side. You didn't recognize anyone except for one man.

Poe Dameron. The Resistance's best pilot

"(Friend's name)!" You loudly whispered "It's the best pilot in the universe, Poe fricking Dameron!!!" You started shaking your best friend and fangirling rather loudly as Admiral Ackbar finished his instructions and started calling out cadets' names and assigning then to pilots. Your best friend was called and he stood up abruptly, causing you to fall on your face.

"(F/n)(L/n)" Ackbar called out.

"YESSIR I'M COMBAT READY!!!" You sprang up and saluted.

Quite a few of the cadets and pilots chuckled at your display. You blushed in embarrassment and ducked your head.

"You will be assigned to Poe Dameron"

You were so shocked by what the admiral said you stood there for a moment.

exe.processing.(F/n)(L/n)=Poe Dameron=

Does not compute

Eventually you made it over to where Poe stood and tried to start a conversation.

Failed miserably.

"Mr. Dameron s-sir..." You had imagined this moment for years, prayed for it. But all of the clever things you were going to say slipped your mind.

"Call me Poe, sir makes me feel old" Poe replied "Hey, how about we start our first lesson in space."

"Really??? We can do that?" You gaped.

"Yeah, come on!" He started jogging towards the x-wings.

You tried to ignore the sinking feeling in your gut as you followed him. As long as you were with Poe Dameron, you'd be safe...

Right?