1: Meeting

The visions soon disappeared, turning into a cloud of mist as she rose up from the thin bed. Beads of sweat came rolling down from her forehead. Her throat was extremely dry, making it hard to even swallow. It was an old dream that seemed too real to be confused with reality.

Wiping off the sweat from her forehead, Izumi then grabbed her jacket and wore it before the room door was opened.

"Something's bothering you, bounty hunter."

"It's none of your business."

The lady sighed before whipping out her phone. "All preparations are done? Okay, I'll be there in five minutes." The call was short and brief before she turned to face Izumi. 

"Let's go. Time to travel back in time."

~~

Reaching the citadel in no time, Izumi looked around and noticed a fox that was waiting for her.

"Are you the new master of this very citadel? I am Konnosuke, the servant fox."

"Where's the forge room? Take me there."

"I have a name, and it's Konnosuke!"

Konnosuke took her to the forge room reluctantly. It was quite spacious with two forge facilities, a basin filled with water, numerous tools and a large number of resources.

"Master, to forge a sword, you need to-"

"I don't need words from you, fox. I'll call for you if you are needed. Leave."

"What- Please be respectful, Master! Don't call me then!" Running out of the room, Izumi didn't seem to mind what Konnosuke had said as she started forging swords.

~~

"Finally. Time for a test."

Stretching her fingers, Izumi formed her usual sword using her powers. She had thought of an idea that would determine the sword's ability.

Swinging it around, she then threw in a token into the pit. The light grew brighter in an instant as soon the token was consumed, and a man clad in a blue kimono was standing right in front of her. The sound of blades clashing against each other was heard a split second later.

"I guess you haven't had a master who is ready to kill you as soon as you were forged, Mikazuki."

"Oh my, it seems that I have a violent owner."

Izumi released her grip on the sword, letting it fall as it dissipated back into water vapour once again. Mikazuki was surprised at the sudden disappearance of her sword. She then threw another token into the other pit, and a tall man dressed like a priest appeared.

"I am Taroutachi. Pleased to meet you, Master."

"Rooms are located on the second floor. Go familiarise this citadel by yourself."

The swords watched her leave as they looked at each other, wondering their life here in this citadel.