Chapter One

Megan Marie Merrick

August 25, 1988- September 8, 2013

A loving mother, wife, and friend will be greatly missed

It was all her grave said. I still couldn’t face the fact that she was gone because of a car crash. A car crash! By a drunk driver running a red light while the cross walks light was on. She wasn’t here she was where she belonged. She was an angel now. I looked down to Logan crying.

“Daddy I miss mommy.”

She cried out. I held her hand tighter.

“So do i.”

Logan was an exact replica of her mother blonde hair, blue eyes, and a smile that always brightens your day. As I felt her little hand let go I saw her running to Megan’s grave.

“Mommy stop playing come out you won.”

Logan’s two year old legs let her go as fast as she could.

“Mommy?”

She said looking behind the tree.

“Mommy?”

She sat under the tree and cried some more. I went over and hugged her. I wish that it was a joke but I watched her die in the hospital. She was gone.

“Come on Logan we have to go back.”

I said on my knees picking off the grass and smoothing her little black dress. She indicated she wanted to be picked up so I did and stood over by Alex.

“How are you doing?”

Alex asked me once Alexus was holding Logan.

“Horrible the house is empty without her I don’t know what to do with Logan when we go on tour.”

I sighed. It was really hard not to cry I mean she was the only other reason besides Logan that made me not want to tour. Besides Megan grave I saw the small little grave.

Zack Jr.

She was six months pregnant when she was hit.

“Hey Zack want Alexus and I to watch Logan tonight? I think you need to be alone man.”

Realizing I was crying I nodded. Slowly Logan and I walked to the reception. Megan’s parents had died a few years before Logan was born so I was getting everyone’s deepest regards. I sat in the back and watched everyone leave until it was just the band, Alexus, and Logan.

“Hey man we’re going to leave you okay with that?”

I nodded my head and Logan came over and gave me a kiss and a hug. Her usual. Then gave me the same thing again.

“What’s that for sweetheart?”

“That’s for mommy she can feel me through you.”

I nodded not wanting to cry in front of my daughter any more.

“See you tomorrow man okay?”

Jack asked. Nodding he bro hugged me and waited for the rest of them to say their goodbyes. I followed them to the cars and Alex turned to me.

“Hey don’t do anything you’ll regret okay man you don’t want Logan growing up without her father too do you?”

“No.”

Realizing he was right. Everyone got into their car and I was the last to do so. Driving to my house I passed the corner where Megan was hit. I had to pull over, all the balloons and teddy bears and the giant sign. Getting out of the car I sat on the corner. I turned over to see a picture of her laughing.

-----Flashback--------

“Zack I swear to god!”

She screamed outside her house like no one would hear. I came closer to her and she ran out across the street to the park that had a pond.

“Zack!”

She giggled as I grabbed her and threw her over my shoulder.

“Zack I swear to god don’t even think about it or you will pay!”

Then I threw her into the pond.

“ZACK STEVEN MERRICK!”

She yelled. Feeling bad I helped her up but I knew exactly what she was going to do. Pulling me in so now I was soaked.

“You’re lucky that I have clothes at your house.

“Shhh my mommy doesn’t know.”

I laughed at her since she still calls her parents mommy and daddy. We got out of the pond and a bunch of fans came over asking for pictures with me. Of course I let them even though All Time Low wasn’t that popular we still had a lot of fans. Megan laughed as one of the fans cringed as I got pond water on her shaking my curly hair. One of the girls took a picture of her laughing and she giggled.

“This is so going on twitter.”

“Tag me!”

Megan yelled. I was kind of shocked she had a twitter.

“Since when do you have one?”

I asked all sassy like.

“Since yesterday!”

She sassed back. I smiled and leaned down and kissed her forehead.

“Cool what is it?”

The girl asked.

“XxItsMeMeganXx”

She said explaining which letters were capitalized and which weren’t. Later that night Megan’s phone started going off like crazy in the middle of our mini movie night. She started to burst out laughing.

“What’s that for?”

I asked. She turned her phone to show me the 8,000 followers she had just received. I just started laughing.

“This is why I love you!”

------End Flashback-------

I closed my eyes trying not to think about her but it only made it worse. I got back in the car and went home where I laid on her side of the bed until I fell asleep.