* chapter four ; mystery

Start from the beginning

"No," she pulled her hand away from his, her voice is shaky and so frightened of them finding out the truth, "You will never understand what I feel. No one will ever understand me."

"No one will never understand what you feel if you are not going to them a chance to listen," Wanda snapped and turned off the pad, "Or give yourself a chance to express who you really are.

Clint stopped the vehicle due to the traffic ahead, "She has a point, Dennise. Don't hide your abilities, share it by helping others."

"No, I don't want the world to know who and what I really am. I'm a threat, okay? I don't want to be feared at all." She said, covering her face his her cold shaky hands. "I don't know... Can you just take me home?"

"Don't be dramatic and no one is going home." Scott told her sternly and shifted on his seat to face her. "No one is going to run. No one is going to hide. This is your time to shine and redeem yourself after what you did. Second chances don't come around that often and remember that life is short."

What Scott had told her has a meaning. He recalled himself getting caught in a second chance and redeeming himself for his daughter, Cassie. He is willing to apply what he learned last year to his niece.

"I know you are also wondering why I am here, but I am not a mutant, enhanced, super... Whatever you call it. I'm just a normal ex-convict guy and I will always be. Heard of Ant-Man? I can shrink. Size like an ant, but the source is from a suit. I didn't build it, it was passed to me, because they trusted me to do it. I never knew that I am worthy to possess it, but I realized I am. I redeemed myself from my crimes and that was last year. And now here I am, a so called 'hero' and they found me, so there's no turning back now."

"You never told me about it." Dennise commented.

"You never asked anyway." Scott chuckled and he has a point. "You need to fight, kid. There's nothing wrong with that. You must use that power for good by sharing... Wait, did your mom know this?"

She shook her head, "If she knows, she will freak out, and I will freak out."

"That's why you had been missing for two years huh? Learning uh, sorcery?"

She just shook her head, trying her best to keep some information remain as a secret.

She felt so unfair for not telling it to her four years best friend, Peter Parker.

"There are some secrets that you don't have to share." It was Wanda's voice, so Dennise looked at her, who's smiling on her seat.

"Yeah, you have a point." Scott said.

"So that's how they found me, because of you?"

"Yeah, I accidentally saw the footage, when Wanda was re-watching it and at first it was cool until I recognized that it was you, so I kinda freaked out and told them that it was you and didn't know that you are keeping it as a secret."

"But that's alright, at least you don't have to be afraid anymore. Don't worry we are not going to tell this to anybody. Your secret is safe with us." Wanda assured her, causing her to worry less. "What you did already belonged in the past."

"If watching people die in front of you is not your passion, then I think you must suit up." Clint smiled, recalling a memory of Wanda and Pietro joining them to defeat Ultron.

He is good at recruiting.

"But first, how did you got your powers? Got experimented or born with it?"

"Honestly," she sighed, "I have a natural ability and I think I have it since when I was a younger, which I can show you later. But what you saw on that footage, it's not my natural ability and it's a top secret."

"You are so complicated." Scott mumbled.

"But there is something bothering me. I had an amnesia from an accident when I was ten. I really have no idea what happened during my childhood, so I'm not sure if I already have my powers when I was born or got it from the accident. Sadly, I never got my memories back."

[a/n: oh there will be a huge revelation about her having an amnesia in the past. Not by HYDRA but something more interesting *smirks*]

"Yeah, you've been caught in a car accident, Dennise. That's how you got amnesia." Scott confirmed, "but that's not how you got your powers."

"Then how?"

"I don't know, maybe you are just really gifted ya know. A mutant or something."

"Maybe it has to do something with the accident?"

"I don't think so, but don't mind it. The thing is you survived and you don't have to be afraid of showing who you really are anymore."

"Wow, that is deep. I don't show my powers, so it doesn't mean that-"

"If you can't accept your powers, it's like you are not accepting yourself."

"Is this who I really am?"

"Why don't you ask your dad?"

"What is that supposed to mean?"