00. Pain

A tray of his favorite chocolate chip cookies lay in her hands, they trembled in excitement. A sigh left her lips, as she stood at the door step off his home. She lifted her arm to knock on the door, her knuckles hitting the hard wooden door, before brushing a lock of her behind her ear.

She planned to surprise him. She had been counting down the days. Their one year, it was circled in red on her bedroom calendar. Red x's covered the days of the month of January, stopping at the sacred 30th of the month. 

Butterflies erupted in her stomach and her feet shuffled in impatience. She waited to hear his foot steps come to the door. She couldn't wait to throw down the cookies and jump into his arms and kiss him till the sun came up. Play with his hair until he fell asleep in her lap, embrace him tightly until it felt like their bodies were merging together. 

She wanted to give him love, for he was her world, her lover, the key to her heart. A smile tugged at her lips as she thought of her love for him.

Patience never being her forte, she gave up on knocking and darted toward the back door, the one she knew his family never locked. She pushed open gate leading to the backward, a smile danced onto her lips as she watched his family dog jog up to her legs. 

She pet the German Sheppard pup, before making her way to the house door. The dog followed her, continuously trying to block her path, as it were blocking her from going inside, blocking her from seeing something. She looked into the eyes sad of the pup and stroked it's fur again. 

Pulling a cookie off the tray she flung it into the distance, distracting the pup as she rushed into the home.

Making her way into the home she noticed a trail of his clothes on the floor, she rolled her eyes at his untidy behavior, before bending down to pick up his shirt. 

Walking toward his room, where she knew he'd be, she noticed more clothes laying on the hallway floor. Not just his own.

Drawing in closer she heard noises, her grin fading slowly as she viewed the feminine clothing laying on the floor. 

Maybe his family had converted to nudists? She thought, feeling her grin waver although she tried to be optimistic.

Arriving at his door, she noticed it slightly ajar. Pushing it open she readied herself to scream 'Happy Anniversary'.

But she didn't. The lump growing in her throat prevented her from doing so.

Instead she watched him unclasp her bra.

She watched him pull her into his chest, lips locked together, caressing her cheek.  

She watched the tray slipped from her grip, as a single tear slipped down her cheek.

The loud clash rang throughout the silence of the house.

She watched Them break away in shock. Their gaze locking with hers, as she just starred at them in hurt and astonishment. 

How could They? She asked herself

How could he?

She felt her feet move. 

She felt the air slapping against her cheeks, as she ran out of this house past his clothes.

She listened to the pattering of her feet along the ground, as she ran past his barking pup.

She held back her tears, that threatened to spill for her eyes, as she ran down the street she had formerly walked happily ready to see him.

She wanted the pain to stop. The pain he had caused.

She wanted the tear to stop running down her face. The tears he had caused.

She kept running until her feet hurt.

She ran until she saw a white light.

She ran until it all went black.