A Good... And Bad New Year Surprise

Start from the beginning

I woke up with Chris next to me with a smile on my face. I had a feeling that I was pregnant on New Year's Eve even if it was too soon because I was supposed to start my period the day before but I was late. The fact that it was too soon made me shake it off and I wanted to give it a few days which turned into about two weeks just because we didn't go to Vegas, we went to VA to bring in the New Year with Chris' family and we just came back two days ago. The dream I just had is only making me more sure that I am and I couldn't wait to tell Chris, and our moms. Speaking of Mama J, while we were in VA, for the first time ever, I could tell she accepted me. When everything came out on the day of the wedding, I thought she was going to hate me forever but we had a heart to heart right before Chris and I came back to LA. She said that at the time, she was beyond pissed because it proved her right about me not being good enough for her son but she had a lot of time to think.

It was then that she realized just how much I was there for Chris when he needed someone the most and how I made him happy. She also hinted that she thought I was pregnant as well and how she wouldn't want anyone else starting a family with her baby boy. Just that alone had me feeling like if I wasn't pregnant, I'd be letting her down kind of. Sure I have plenty of time to get pregnant and give Mama J a grandchild or two but I can't help but want to be able to tell her that's happening sooner rather than later. That's why I couldn't wait to get to the doctor to get an official yes or no. I'm too nervous to take a test just because I don't want my husband finding it. Why? I haven't planned out exactly how I want to tell him if I am, knowing I'm not even close to being three months along. What if I miscarry? I wouldn't know how to be there for Chris if that occurs just because I'll be grieving myself and I witnessed what the Rihanna situation did to him firsthand.

He bottled up all of those emotions and it took him MONTHS to let them out. I'm scared that while he's keeping those emotions in, he's going to lash out at me like losing the baby is my fault. All of that has me not wanting to tell him until I pass the three month mark so it gives me time to plan out how exactly to tell him and make it special. He can't get mad at that right? As all this time passed, I showered, brushed my teeth, did my hair, and got dressed. All while Chris was still sleeping. I wrote a note for him to see when he got up and put it on the fridge as my phone rang. No surprise, it was Mama J herself. She was taking me to my appointment and afterwards, we were gong to have a girls' day. I smiled thinking about it and answered the phone. "Hey Mama J! Good morning, are you here yet?" "Good morning angel and I am, I just pulled up."

"Great! I'm all ready so I'll be right out." After that we said quick goodbyes and I headed out unaware once again that someone was watching and would reveal themselves after my doctors appointment. "You look beautiful Mama J, look at you," I greet her once I get in her rental car. She was going to be out here for the rest of the month and Chris actually doesn't know because she flew in last night. If we just left her in VA, she must have really missed us or she just wanted to be here when I find out if I'm carrying her grandchild. I'm pretty sure it's both but I don't mind. "Me?! Look at you! Angel you're glowing! I just know that doctor's going to tell you you're having my grandbaby," she squeals making me smile for the third time this morning. "I'm thinking the same thing but let's not get our hopes up ok? Now can we please get out of here before we're late?"

An hour and a half later, my mother-in-law and I were leaving the doctor's office with tears in our eyes AND my first sonogram pictures! I couldn't believe it, I AM pregnant! Why I ever doubted it I don't know but I was too excited! Me and Mama J were! Now we just had to keep from telling Chris until I planned out the perfect way to let him know he was going to be a father. Ways to do just that were going through my head as we arrive back at home. I was expecting Mama J to follow me inside to see her son since I was just heading in to grab something before we had our girls' day but she didn't sleep because she was so excited about this morning so she wanted to go back to her hotel to get some rest and come back here to surprise Chris tonight after she checked out. I watched as she drove off and waved yelling drive safe then headed towards the front door. I was surprised to see something taped on it but I didn't want to look at it out here so I just headed inside taking it with me seeing a smiling husband waiting for me.

Chris

Damn, Kae was beautiful! Even more so now that I know she's pregnant; she's literally glowing

Damn, Kae was beautiful! Even more so now that I know she's pregnant; she's literally glowing. I didn't need her to tell me either, I had my suspicions. I just had them confirmed when not even twenty minutes ago, Kae's OBGYN called the house while I was in the shower to congratulate her one more time and remind her about stopping by the pharmacy to get her prenatal vitamins. I was more than excited I was going to be a father and I couldn't wait to share it with everyone! Especially my mom, I know she'll be ecstatic to hear the good news! Being trapped in my thoughts, I didn't even notice how Kae's smile dropped and her face turned white as a ghost with fear. "Hey, babe what's wrong? Come here, sit down and talk to me," I say concerned. "They were in our house and followed me today!" I was confused as fuck right now; what is she talking about? Who would be watching her? "Kae, baby slow down. Breathe. Who and what are you talking about?"

"Do you remember how I thought someone broke in when you came home on Christmas? Well these pictures prove that they were IN the house when Tina, Seiko, Cassie, and EJ were here and that they snuck out when you pulled up," she explains then hands me the envelope. She was right! What the fuck; now I was pissed! "Who sent this and where did you find it," I ask as calmly as I could. That shit was obvious because not one cuss word slipped; not ONE! I wasn't just pissed but LIVID that they'd do this; especially now knowing she's pregnant! "On the front door waiting for me to tear it off when I got home. Speaking of, I need to go back out, I forgot something..." I knew right then she didn't want to tell me because she didn't want to worry me even more. I guess I'll break the ice by letting her know that I found out.

"Your prenatals? They're in the medicine cabinet," I said with a smile on my face. Hers was filled with shock. "How did... Huh?! I didn't even..." Me playing the message on the answering machine shut her up. "Seiko went and grabbed them for me so the media didn't catch me getting them myself." I explained after it was silent for a moment as she was taking everything in. "Chris, I'm glad you know but they followed me to the appointment and threatened to-" "Kae. I will NEVER let anything happen to you! I would DIE before I let that happen. You just relax, don't stress over this ok?" "But Chris... You don't get it! They followed me here from-" "Vietnam? I know. That's obvious because of the writing. I still won't let a damn thing happen to you or the baby. I promise you that." Finally she nodded and she relaxed. "Ok... Now can we call the police now? I want to get a restraining order and a motion to deport them if they're found just to be safe."

"Of course. After that we can call our parents and you can call Cassie, Tina, and EJ so they hear the pregnancy news before Seiko tells them. Deal?" That got a smile out of her as I placed my hand on her belly before pulling her shirt up and kissing it. "Deal. By the way, your mom knows. She was at the appointment with me and she's surprising you after she gets some rest then checks out of her suite so she can stay here. She flew in last night," she said laughing at the look on my face. I couldn't even get mad though, I'm glad that they're finally getting along and not even Kae being stalked could ruin this happy moment for us. Besides, I meant it when I said I wasn't letting anyone hurt her or our unborn child. Not as long as I'm alive they won't! I want them to try!