Marcus's big build and massive height does little to scare Scott, in fact, it only annoys him to no end. Because of those physical qualities, it simply makes it harder to throw the thug out of the parlor. There's nothing else to it, even though that's difficult to believe.

"And what if you don't?" Scott repeats, wondering if Rick's being stupid, reckless, or both, "Well, you're going to regret it, that's for sure."

     Rick threateningly steps forward at those words, which makes the punk boy step out of the way, and sweeps off the supplies on the front desk, sending papers and pens and those free lollipops all over the place. Scott blankly stares at the empty desk before looking up at Rick with a what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-you look. Of all the things he could've done, he decides to push everything off the receptionist desk. Because yes, that totally frightens Scott to no end.

"Are you serious right now?"

That's when shit goes down.

Rick punches Scott square in the jaw, which sends the latter flying against the desk. A flare of pain spreads through his body before he shakes it off and stands up straight once again, testing out his jaw. As said before, Scott rarely gets angry at idiotic things, but now he's shaking from rage for the second time this week. Except this time, he doesn't have Camille to calm him down, and his friends at Permanent Records are only going to encourage his behavior. Therefore, Scott clenches his fist and fights back.

     "Now I can hit you back," he growls. Anything he does now can be considered as self-defense.

"You little shit," the thug hisses, launching forward to hit Scott.

This time, Scott is ready. His fist manage to his Rick's chin, feeling the skin on his knuckles breaking. Again, the thug goes to hit him, but Scott grabs Rick's flying fist and twists his arm behind his back, forcing the thug to the ground. Rick flails, making it difficult to hold him down. Unfortunately, Scott loses his grip on the man and is hit in the ribs. He doubles over, but thankfully, Harvey runs in just before he's about to get kicked in the stomach. It feels like slow motion when Harvey tackles Rick to the ground and pummels him.

Max helps him up, Diana examines the bruise that is forming along his jaw and his split knuckles, and Pepper finally calls the cops. Scott is practically wheezing, shifting all his weight against the wall to hold himself up. From where he's standing, he can see Harvey get off Rick, swiping blood from his face. The punk boy is freaking out, praying that Harvey isn't severely hurt, but the way his friend walks it off shows that he isn't.

     After a few minutes, the police show up and question the group about what happened. They offer both Harvey and Scott medical help, but they both deny any assistance. Rick is charged with assault, handcuffed, and whisked away from the tattoo parlor. Once everything is settled down for the most part, Max kindly drives Scott back to Sweet Stems and tells him to rest well.

     "Scott?" Meredith asks, a look of concern on her face, "Honey, what happened to your face?"

     "Fucking Rick," the young man spits out, finally noticing Camille and Pamela in the far back.

     "Did you hit him back?"

      "Yeah," he answers, walking over to the front counter and pulling out a first-aid-kit.

     "That's my boy," Meredith grins, which finally makes Scott crack a smile. Then Camille walks over, and he feels a little better at her presence.

     "Here," she softly says, watching him with her big hazel eyes, "let me help."

      Scott leads the two of them to the bathroom, so he can wash off the dried blood from his knuckles. She treats him so delicately, and it honestly makes Scott appreciate her so much more. Camille wraps the bandage around his knuckles, carefully yet firmly. In a bold move, she places a light kiss over the bandage, and Scott can't keep his eyes off of her. He doesn't know how their relationship evolved from when they first met, but Scott honestly doesn't want the process to stop.

____________________________

so, oooh, scott got some fighting skills, lol.

i like how i ended with scott and camille (shippppp)

(shameless promotion: check out my new book called SYMBIOSIS)

•vote•comment•follow•

--thyselves