Chapter One: Waco Wild

It was mid-March in Mart, Texas, and Drew Roberts sat staring at his cell phone.

Stacy Hastings was calling, and Roberts was once again lost in a whirlwind of wonder.

Quickly and quietly, Roberts pushed himself off the couch and crept outside to take the call.

"Hello?" Roberts said tiredly.

"Drew, it's Stacy; I'm coming to town today. Are you available?"

"Sure. When will you be here?"

"A few hours; I just left and am heading your way."

"Okay; meet me at the Motel 5 near the circle. I'll text you directions."

"Sounds good. See you soon and can't wait to meet you."

As Roberts hung up, he said aloud, "what the fuck am I doing with my life?"

The question lingered in his head as he reopened the door and walked back inside.

*****

It was nearly 3 p.m. when Drew's black Camaro pulled into the Motel 5, or M5 as he liked to call it (in honor of one of his favorite bands, Maroon 5), parking lot in the comfort zone of Waco, Texas.

Shortly thereafter, Stacy pulled up in her red Mustang.

"Hi; I'm Stacy," Hastings said, smiling and blushing at the same time.

"Hi, Stacy; I'm Drew. It's a pleasure to meet you," Roberts said as he reached out and shook her hand before embracing her.

Before either of them knew it, they were checking into room 132.

And once the door closed, the clothes soon came off, leading Roberts to once again ask himself, "what the fuck am I doing with my life?"

Drew ignored the echoes in his head as he stared into Stacy's eyes, lost in a world of lust and love...

*****

It was 9 a.m. on March 19 when Drew's phone began vibrating, awaking him from a lackluster night of sleepless sex and serenity with Stacy.

He looked over to see her sleeping soundly by his side, hitting the ignore button on his phone before leaning over to kiss her.

"Good morning, beautiful," Roberts said with a whisper.

"Hey, Drew. I love waking up next to you."

Just like that, Roberts was hooked.

Hooked on love; hooked on dreams and destiny; hooked on the idea of a whole new world and a whole new life where hope and happiness run hand-in-hand.

And just a few hours after that magical moment, Roberts was left saying farewell to Hastings -- trying his hardest not to cry when telling her goodbye.

It wouldn't be long before they would cross paths once again...

*****

Every day following that magical M5 moment, Drew and Stacy talked -- daily.

All day and every day.

And on March 30 at 5:30 a.m., Roberts made the bold move of relocating himself from Waco to Lubbock.

Roberts had never been to Lubbock, but he didn't care.

All he knew is that he was in love with Stacy -- and if she lived there, then that's where he needed to be.

About six hours later, Roberts pulled into a McDonalds off 50th street before parking the car and taking a call from Stacy.

It was a drive -- and a move -- that Drew would never forget.

The adventures were only beginning to unfold...