Chapter 4

"Possibilities"

"You were not kidding... this is fucked up." Gregory frowned as he went through Noland's notes monday morning. "We can't show up in court like this, I will ask for a continuance to get a few more days..." He was drinking his coffee and going through the papers while he focused on everything in front of him. Gregory was easy going and fun, and generally joking around, but when Noland brought something he considered important to his attention, he would become someone else entirely and think of possible solutions.

"If my hunch is right, they are trying to cover up something, which will explain why we have only 5 witnesses in an open area in front of a very famous hotel. I am telling you, we need to modify our client's contract as soon as possible, we need to add a clause where we only commit to defend them if they give us the full information, and if something comes up after we are walking out of it. It might sound harsh but the firm has earned its reputation already..." Noland stopped as Gregory raised his hand, his eyes not parting from the notes yet.

"I already did."

"Wha.... what do you mean?" Noland perked a brow.

"I added that clause in Crown's contract, it's in the fine prints..." Gregory's eyes remaining on the reports he was reading.

Noland took a deep breath. "You did?" He shook his head incredulous.

Gregory finally lifted his gaze from the papers and smirked. "I know I don't seem to be paying attention often but I do, and you had a very good point on the subject, so I did the corrections and added the clause. Whatever happens we are coming clean from this thanks to me being so brilliant and all that. You can thank me later."

Noland laughed and shook his head, just as Romina Hart knocked on the door. She was their assistant now, and used to be Byron's; she was stunning in her short red skirt, red jacket and white blouse. She leaned against the door and smiled at them. "Hi boys, do you need anything before your meeting? Also, the younglings are waiting in the meeting room."

They let her be casual while they were not around others, and it made her feel comfortable. She used to be always serious and a little frustrated while she worked for the previous boss. They quickly got along and saw she was extremely efficient.

Gregory nodded as he stood up and handed Noland back his folder. "Thanks Ro, we are heading over there. Will your cute butt be kind enough to get some refreshments over there at ten? We are going to have a long morning."

She giggled and winked back at him. "You got it boss" Then turned around and left.

Noland shook his head and chuckled. "You have to stop flirting with her and take her out."

Gregory grinned. "Wow, never thought you, of all people, would be advising me to break company policy on dating a co-worker."

Noland rolled his eyes and shook his head. "As if you ever listen to me." And both laughed.

They both headed to their meeting and on the way, they bumped to a wall of muscles dressed in black. Both men looked at the tall and suited person who stared down at them.

"Hold on Curt, they work here too and are allowed to roam freely through the floor." Felix's voice sounded frustrated, and seconds later he was between them. "I am sorry, he is new and is adjusting to the place."

"No problems Mister Slocum, everything ok?" Gregory asked while looking at the tall stranger.

Felix nodded. "Curt, these are Gregory Olsen and Noland Hillhouse. They are both the new head litigators of the firm and work in this floor. In other words, safe to be around. Gentleman, this is Curt Bocamp, he is Catherine's new security guard, and he will be keeping an eye around the place as well while she works here."