Chapter 3

"Breathe Hayls, you're really starting to worry me" Chloe said from her spot on the bed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I murmured as I paced in front of her.

"Tell you what?"

"That Caleb was your brother " I said stopping in front of her.

"Does it really matter? You said yourself you're not looking for a relationship. And I already told you, he is no good to the girls he's with"

"I'm not looking for a relationship. I don't even know if I like him. I mean sure he has the body of a god, and his face is beautiful" I trailed off remembering him getting out of the pool.

"But?" Chloe provided.

"What? Oh! Yeah, but I'm not into players and I hate guys the change girls like they change their underwear"

"Well then all is well. I don't usually like people to know we're related. Mostly because he is a wanker, but also I've had friends in the past that were only nice to me to get closer to him. Then I loose my so called friend as soon as she gets dumped by him" Chloe finished sadly.

"I'm sorry Chloe. I understand why you didn't tell me, I guess I was just shocked by the whole thing" I said coming to sit by her.

"It's ok, I've just been burned in the past and I wanted to make sure this was a real friendship before you met him"

"I would really like it to be a real friendship. I don't know anyone else, so I'm pretty sure you're stuck with me now" I beamed at her.

"Oh great" she joked shoving me to the side, "come on let's go meet Charlie" she said as she started heading down stairs.

"Charlie?" She called out once we stepped outside. The next thing I knew this adorable German Shepard puppy came running around the side barreling towards her. "Hi baby! Did you miss mommy?" She cooed at him.

He responded by jumping on her and trying to lick her face.

"He is too cute Chloe" I said looking down at him. He must have finally noticed me because he instantly left her to come run around and jump on me. "Hi buddy" I said bending down to pet him.

We played around with Charlie and sat outside by the pool enjoying the weather for a while.

"I probably should head home, mom will have dinner ready soon" I said getting up from the side of the pool.

"Oh here let me get you a towel for your legs" she said running to the side of the house.

"Thanks" I said when she handed me one. I dried myself off and started head for the door. I must not have been paying attention because I ran into a wall. Or what I thought was a wall. This wall was tan and oh so muscular and warm and slightly sweaty.

"Like what you see?" The wall chuckled down at me.

"Oh! Oh gosh Caleb, I'm so sorry. I must not have been looking where I was going. Uh, I'm going to be leaving now" I said, with a blush rising to my cheeks.

"Happens all the time love" he said giving me one of his winning smiles.

"I'll text you later Chloe" I said waving good bye.

"Bye Hayley" Caleb said as I walked by him.

"Umm, bye" eyes up Hayls, keep your eyes off of his exposed and beautiful chest.

I must have all but ran into my house and slid down the closed door. I was so embarrassed. How could I just sit there and ogle his body like that? I'm sure that is exactly what he wanted. He probably just walks around like that trying to get girls to look at him. I mean it's not like there was anything nice to look at, right?