Just Give Me A Reason (Chapter 22)

Start from the beginning

After talking to Liam, I took a nice warm shower. I was still thinking about Jade but I had to pull myself together. I have a show tonight and I already know I'm going to be around her for quite a while.

When I got out of the shower Liam was no longer in my room.  I put on a pair of sweat pants and a random T-shirt then ran down stairs. There was still no sign of Liam so I walked to the kitchen. I didn't see him but I saw a delicious looking BLT with turkey and cheese and a side of crisps. I went to the food and picked up half of the sandwich when Liam popped up behind me. "Ah!" I screamed jumping like 10 feet in the air.

"OMG, haha that was priceless" Liam said while laughing. He then grabbed half of the sandwich and took a bite. I quickly ate other half and most of the crisps. "Ready to go" Liam asked grabbing his car keys. "Yep" I said popping the 'p'. "Let's go" Liam said while linking his arms with mine as we skipped to his car.

--------------------15 minutes later---------------------

We had finally arrived and it looked like the others just got here too. I saw Jade get out of Harry's car and I immediately felt a wave of sadness overcome me. "It'll be okay Niall. Don't think about it too much okay" Liam said to me and I nodded and got out of the car.

"Hey Niall! Hey Liam" Leigh said waking up to us. "Hello Leigh" we said at the same time. "Ready for the show tonight" she asked enthusiastically. "Always ready to perform for our fans" Liam said with a wide smile.

"Uh, they need you guys to practice a few songs" I heard Jades voice say from behind me. "Thanks Jade" Liam said and walked away with me following him.  "Well wasn't that awkward" I said when were far from the girls. I never meant for me having a crush on Jade to ruin our friendship and make it awkward. I know she said it would ruin our friendship if we did dated but it seems like our friendship is being ruined anyways.

"Niall focus! You just missed your verse" our stage manager yelled and I apologized. We then started the whole song over again making the other boys a little frustrated. Liam gave me a sympathizing look while the others glared at me. We've all done this many times before and none of us really want to practice it again but practice makes perfect right.

I just hope I can clear my head of any thoughts about Jade and just focus on the concert tonight.

Jade's POV

"Well that was awkward" Leigh said laughing and I fake laughed. "Is everything okay Jade" Leigh asked with concern. I didn't know what to say. I mean everything's not okay. I just broke one of my best friends heart and now everything's awkward between us.

"Yeah" I said and walked to our dressing room. When I was about to close the door is was opened again by Leigh. "Don't lie to me Thirlwall, I've known you long enough to know that something’s wrong" she said closing the door. I just looked down at my feet. "Sit" she said pointing to a chair.

"I'm not a dog. You can't just tell me sit" I said with a little sass while putting my hands on my hips. OMG, I was just sassy to Leigh she's going to kill me. "Okay one you have been spending way too much time with Louis, two sit...NOW" Leigh said with twice as much sass as me. I was quite scared so I decided to just sit down.

"Now spill" she said. "What? No I'm not g-" I argued but was soon cut off. "Spill, NOW" she said sternly and I sighed in defeat. "You want the long version or short version" I said hoping that we get called to do a few songs. Speaking of we, where in the world are Perrie and Jesy?! Oh well I'm trapped here with Leigh now. "Considering that we could be called to the stage any minute now, short version" Leigh said and I sighed again.

"Okay so basically after Sam cheated on me I went to the park and cried. Then Niall found me and took me back to Harry and Louis' flat. He gave me ice cream, we watched Disney movies, and he just made me feel better. Then the next day he told me that he liked me and we kissed because I kind of like him back" I said pausing to see Leigh's reaction. "Awww that's so cute" she said smiling and I smiled a little too remembering those days. I would probably still be crying over Sam if Niall wasn't at the park that day.

"Here's where everything goes downhill. Remember when you guys were all saying Harry liked me" I asked and she nodded. "Well I sort of still liked him from when I first met him in 2010 but that's another story. Anyways he saw Niall and me kiss. I told Niall that we shouldn't date because it can ruin our friendship. The thing is he didn't even ask me out and I just broke his heart before he even got the chance. Now our friendship is ruined anyways and I just wish I would've given him a chance" I said then I felt a tear fall on my leg. I didn't even realize I was crying. "Aw Jade" Leigh said hugging me and rubbing my back soothingly.

"Hey guys time for soundch- what's wrong Jade" Perrie asked coming over and hugging me as well. Leigh looked at me as if asking me if she could tell Perrie and I nodded. "She knows the story" I said barely audible but they both heard. "Already knows what" Perrie asked. "She's crying over what happened with Niall" Leigh said and I started crying more. "Everything's going to be okay Jade. Now c'mon we need to rehearse" Perrie said helping me up and drying my tears.

Niall's POV