A Night to Remember (Dazai Osamu)

Start from the beginning

Dazai cleared his throat a little. "W-Where are my manners?" He took your hands and kissed it gently. "You look extremely ravishing and marvelous tonight. Now, let me escort you where everyone is waiting."

You could still see Dazai's visible blush on his cheeks. Of course, your cheeks were burning as well. Dazai carefully led you to a clearing where everyone was gathered at a big round table. Everybody look splendid and very fancy this evening.

"Wow! (F/N) chan, you look so pretty in that dress!" Yosano san and Naomi complimented. Kunikida slightly blushed but cleared his throat to cover the awkwardness as he pushed up his glasses.

"My lady, what a wonderful evening to see you dressed up so magnificently. You look very lovely tonight." Ranpo smiled warmly.

"T-Thank you all. Every one of you look very handsome and gorgeous this night." You bowed slightly, your face tinted with pink.

"Well, then. Let's get down to business shall we?" Dazai reminded everyone.

"Yes. Time to-" Kunikida started but Dazai cut him off.

"Eat!" Everyone rushed over to the food table.

An irk mark popped up on the blonde's head. "If you eat now Dazai, you won't be able to dance."

"Hrrmmpff??" Dazai lifted his head up, stuffing the pieces of chocolate cake in his mouth.

"OI! You have no sign of manners! What kind of 22 year old are you?!" Kunikida karate chopped him in the head as everyone sighed about their little antics.

"My bad, everyone. My stomach was begging for nourishment, I just couldn't help myself." Dazai smiled cheekily. Suddenly, a few people got up from their seats and started to dance with their partners. Out of curiosity, Dazai peered over at you and found you staring at the people who were enjoying the dance. Dazai walked over to (F/N) who was staring admiringly at the people who were dancing.

"What's wrong, (F/N) chan?" He sat across the table from you.

You jumped in surprise. "U-Uh, nothing!"

Dazai just chuckled at this. "You seem very bored. And you look like you want to dance."

(F/N) made a gloomy face. "N-No, it's not that... I just don't like to dance..."

"Then how about this," Dazai got up from his seat and held his hand out. "I'll give you the greatest dance ever that will make you want to dance forever with me!" He smiled brightly.

You shrunk in embarrassment. "A-Ah, I'm flattered by your kind offer, but no thank you... I don't want to dance..."

"Sure you do!"
"No, I do not."

"Off we go!" Dazai suddenly grabbed your hand as the two of you twirled into the crowd. You went off into a full out blush as you gripped tightly onto Dazai's hands. You were struggling as you tried your best to keep up with Dazai's moves.

"Wow, she really sucks at dancing." Kunikida noted.

"I think it's absolutely adorable, right Nii-chan?" Naomi rubbed against her brother which he flinched from the contact.

"Y-yeah..."

"Not only she doesn't want to dance but she can't dance..." Atsushi sweat dropped.

"S-Sorry... I'm not a very good dancer..." You murmured shyly, as you were looking at the ground, blushing furiously.

"Sweetheart, you're doing just fine. Just follow my footsteps and we'll be shining together." Dazai smiled warmly. "(F/N) chan. Look at me." Dazai said, suddenly. Your lifted your head, as your blush formed deeply.

"Good. Beautiful as always. Now, relax your hands." Dazai ordered as you slowly released the tension of the strength on your hand that was clasped with Dazai's.

"Good girl. You're a natural." He smiled. He slipped his arm around your waist as you two danced away in the night.

Atsushi and the others clapped in unison as you and Dazai finally finished dancing. You smiled nervously a little as the both of them bowed.

"That was amazing, (F/N) chan!" Naomi and Yosano clapped.

"Seems like you got the hang of it." Kunikida muttered.

"Great dance moves, (F/N)!" Atsushi said, looking happy.

"Thank you, (F/N) chan. That was a night to remember." Dazai bowed a little and kissed on your hand again. You flushed as you watched Dazai let go of your hand and walk towards Kunikida.

"(F/N)."

"H-Hai!" You squeaked.

Atsushi laughed. "Hey, may I have this dance?" He held out his hand, smiling. Your lips curved into a smile.

"Sure! You can dance, Atsushi kun?" You asked.

"Um, just a little. So sorry if I mess up, haha..." He laughed nervously as the two walked away and started to dance. Yosano was binge eating herself with cake while Naomi was dangerously spinning her poor brother around and around, getting horrified looks from people.

"Never knew you could dance, Dazai." Kunikida scoffed as Dazai got a sip of wine. Dazai just chuckled.

"So, Dazai... What do you think of (F/N) chan?" Ranpo raised his eyebrows slightly.

Dazai laughed lightly. "Well, she's an awkward person, yet has such a charming personality. I admire her greatly."

"So you fell for her?" Kunikida asked.

"You can say I did." he hummed.

"That means you'll be willing to do a double suicide with her?" Ranpo suggested.

Dazai pursed his lips and shook his head slightly. "I wouldn't ask her."

"Why not? Isn't she a beauty to you?" Kunikida asked, confused.

"Of course she is, but I don't want to hurt her." Dazai answered.

"So that means you don't care if the other women get hurt if you do a double suicide with them?" The ungifted man asked.

"That's false. I do care, but for (F/N) chan, I care for her deeply so I wouldn't bare to hurt her."

Ranpo and Kunikida just exchanged looks as they shrugged. Dazai admired you from afar as he couldn't help but to smile when he saw your bright smile like the sun and your laughter.

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔

I don't know if this one shot is Dazai x Reader at this point....

I feel like I wasn't really descriptive enough on the City Ball... If you watched Ouran High School Host Club, please think of that because I was thinking of that too lol

Hope you enjoyed the one shot, I had a fun time writing it o(^^)o

Sorry for all the Dadzai- (*clears throat) I mean, Dazai spam... Hopefully I'll write someone else next time~