Chapter 3

A/N I decided I might as well write on a story I haven't updated in forever. Before you spam the comments telling me to update, I'm still taking a break. I won't update when told, but I have a free day today, so I can update this book at least. READ ON MY FELLOW NATE FANS!!!

Rose

Nate walked in to get my stuff. It was Tuesday, the day where he takes my stuff to his house. That meant one more day for me to wait on him.

"Hey kiddo!" he smiled as he walked in. I flinched slightly as he walked up to me. "What's wrong."

"ROSALINA KATHERINE DARKWOOD, GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!!" Mrs. Lars shouted. I winced as I stood up to leave the room.

"Rose, stop." Nate ordered. I ignored him by walking out of the room.

"You bitch." Mrs. Lars growled. "What did I tell you about cleaning the dishes?!"

I said nothing, only looked down, prepared for my beating.

She pulled her arm back to slap me, and I closed my eyes, prepared for the sting of pain. But it never came.

I opened my eyes to see that Nate had caught her arm before her hand even connected to my face.

"Mrs. Lars, you know I can call the police and have the orphanage closed because you're abusing a child?" he smirked.

"W-what? I-I wasn't doing a-anything!" she stuttered. "Rosalina was only-"

"Only what? Reacting to you freaking about to slap her?! She was in her room, waiting on me to get there, and when I show up, you call her out!! She winced as she got up, letting me know something else was going on, and then I come in here to see you about to slap her!" Nate shouted in anger. He let go of Mrs. Lars's arm and pulled out his phone. "I'm calling the police."

"You do that. Rosalina knows better than to breathe a word of what happened." Mrs. Lars laughed.

Within minutes, the police had arrived. They questioned Nate first, who explained what he saw. Then they questioned Mrs. Lars.

"Sirs, I have no idea what this man is talking about! I've never done any wrong to anyone, no matter what!" Mrs. Lars stated sweetly.

"Lies." I muttered. An officer heard me.

"What was that you said, sweetheart?" he asked.

"I said lies. She's lying." I answered confidently. "Just ask Nate. I was afraid to even come back here two nights ago."

"That's true." Nate nodded. "She had gone shopping, and I helped her out, since she had started to get followed."

"And... she's been doing these things to me my whole life here." I whispered. I pulled my shirt up slightly to show the slowly fading bruises and scars I had.

"Brittney Lars, you are under arrest for child abuse. We will be shutting down your orphanage." an officer stated as he cuffed Mrs. Lars.

"I have a better idea. I have this friend who has wanted to open an orphanage for a while. Why not have him run it?" Nate offered.

"What is said friend's name?" another officer asked.

"Hunter Hughes." Nate smiled. "He's really responsible."

"You mean Dookie?" I asked him quietly.

"Yep." he whispered back.

"Alright. We'll contact him to see if he is willing to run the orphanage. Until then, all the orphans here need to be moved to another orphanage." the officer sighed.

"Wait, what about me? Nate's adopted me already." I stated. "I'm supposed to live with him tomorrow."

"You can go with him now." the officer smiled. "Alright, sweetheart?"

"Thank you." I grinned as I hugged him.

"You're welcome, kiddo." he grinned back. "Now, Mr. Smith, take good care of Rose."

"I will, Officer Ry."

"Wait... Ry?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"You're... alive?" I wondered.

"Rose, you need to go with Mr. Smith. I won't be able to take care of you, but he can."

"I love you, big bro." I muttered as I hugged him again. I then followed Nate out of the orphanage and to my new life.

A/N Yay! Rose found her brother! Totally unplanned. Just happened as I wrote it. Anyway, eat chocolate, smell roses, and kill squids! I'll see you next time! *salutes*

Rose out!