Chapter 1

I woke up feeling amazing. Ryland was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen lying there in a peaceful sleep without a care in the world.

I untangled myself from his grasp and headed to the bathroom for a shower. I washed my body, brushed my teeth, and combed my hair before getting dressed and heading down stairs to fix breakfast.

I knew the smell of bacon would wake him up. Fifteen minutes later he came down the stairs fresh out of the shower with minty breath.

"Morning" I said smiling at him.

"Morning sweetie" he said kissing me on the cheek. I passed him his plate and he sat down to eat while I fixed some more food.

"Is that bacon I smell?" said Bishop the Beta walking into the kitchen grinning.

"Yep help yourself" I told him smiling. He was an extremely nice guy and funny. I had known him all my life. He hadn't found his mate yet but he said he enjoyed the bachelor life.

Five minutes later Alpha Marcus came down with his mate Nancy.

"Alpha, Luna" everyone said in unison greeting them. They nodded in response and Nancy shook her head smiling. She always hated formalities but they were such amazing leaders everyone always liked to give them the proper respect.

"What are you guys up to besides stuffing your faces?" Alpha Marcus said jokingly.

"I for one am basking in the fact that my beautiful girlfriend can cook so well she practically wakes everyone in the house" said Ryland smiling at me.

"Oh stop I'm a descent cook but you guys are animals when it comes to food" I said truthfully.

"I swear I cooked enough for fifty grown human men and there's  hardly a scrap left"

"She's right you know. Every ceremony we have to clear out practically a whole store" said Luna Nancy agreeing with me.

The men growled playfully.

"We're growing men not pups. We have to eat to keep up our strength" said Bishop.

"That's right. If you didn't take up so much of my energy in the bedroom maybe I could eat less. Not that I'm complaining" Alpha Marcus whispered in Luna Nancy's ear. She turned a fierce shade of red.

"I told you not to talk like that around company" she scolded smacking him in the chest. He just laughed, pulled her into his lap, kissed her cheek and continued eating. They really were a perfect match.

They already had a son, Tyler, who was a year old and were planning to have more. According to the alpha, a lot more.

"Babe the sausages are gone" Ryland whined.

"Hush you big baby I'll make you some more" I told him. This was my crazy mixed up life and I loved it.

Daniel's POV

"Daniel to the border, now" Alpha Rick ordered. I was laying in bed but jumped up quickly when he mindlinked me. I shifted immediately into my gray and black wolf, grabbed some shorts with my mouth and sprinted toward the border.

I knew it had to be important for him to wake me from my sleep. It took all of five minutes to get there from the pack house.

"Shift" he ordered and I did quickly putting the shorts on." What's wrong?" I questioned already in Gamma mode.

"Rouges. I think the same ones we've been smelling for weeks. I can't be sure but I believe it's them. I need you to track the smell, see what you come up with"

On top of being the Gamma I was also the best tracker. We had been having trouble with rouges lately and Rick thought it had something to do with his mate Jasmine. Her whole pack was wiped out and she was forced to live with rogues who abused her and treated her badly before Rick found her. She had recovered now and was an amazing Luna. The rogue responsible got away and Rick was on high alert.

I shifted back into my wolf and followed the scent. Thirty minutes later I was back with a report.

I shifted back and told Rick what I found. "They are definitely the same one's from earlier this week. The scent disappears around North Moon territory. It smells like they used something to mask their scents around that area so from there I can't be certain. I think they may have a hide out nearby and are playing cat and mouse"

"Nice job. I will let you know if there's anything else and don't forget about training later on"

I nodded and turned to leave when Luke the beta stopped me.

"Hey after you do the training there's a party later. You need to let off some steam" he said slapping me on the back.

"Yeah you're right I'll be there" I told him.

It had been a while since I went out. I really wanted my mate. Every since I was a kid and my parents first explained the whole situation I dreamed of what she would be like. I knew she would be pure and kind and love me like no other. At least I hoped so. I know I didn't wait for her and I only prayed she forgave me.

"Good. I need a wingman" he said smiling.

"What for? Girls run away from you" I told him playfully.

"That was one time" he said outraged.

"Relax I'm just kidding" I told him laughing. He was so gullible.

"Whatever man"

"See you later" I said heading back to eat and get myself together before training.

Maybe tonight I would finally meet my beautiful mate.