"Your dad should've really looked more into buying a place in a more decent area," Danie says flatly. "No offense, though."

I shrug.

After the first-hand experience, I couldn't deny her statement.

The three of us finalize other plans and head out to the gym. Shockingly, the guys actually show up to attend the last class of the day. Our teacher gives them distasteful glares before telling us to get on the makeshift mats. Those serve as protection against the hard floor, in case anyone fell during these sessions.

"Gentlemen, get your butts off the bleachers and stand next to your partners!" Mr. Dexter, the rudest instructor snaps.

Us girls can't help but snicker.

Either it's the authoritative voice or the muscles of Mr. Dexter that force the gentlemen to comply with the order. Unfortunately, Arsen and a few of his friends are missing. The teachers pair the partner-less people in other groups, allowing trios. Luckily, I end up with Isa and her partner, Sean.

We still repeat the last class's lesson except this time, the instructors give loads of more advice and techniques.

Mostly, the class is boring.

* *

"Oh my god, that was an epic shopping spree!" Isa says in an exaggerated manner.

We dump the bags in the trunk of the car and relax for a few minutes. The entire evening after school wasted at the mall, shopping all types of decor.

"We should end it with ice cream. My treat!" Danie offers.

"I never say no to free food," I tell them.

"Never say never," Isa, our only Belieber friend, sings.

Danie and I grimace.

Nevertheless, we cross the street to an ice cream shop and order our favorites. I don't know about the others, but I ask for cookie dough. Since Ben's house is on the way to Isa and mine's, we establish to stop by to give him a surprise. Ever since the dirt biking accident, I haven't met him face to face.

Ben's younger brother, Brett, opens the door for us and frowns.

"Ben's--"

"The ice cream's gonna melt," Isa groans, ignoring the teenager. We rush past him to Ben's room and slam open the door, waking up our sleeping or resting friend. "Oops."

Ben groggily sits up to scrutinize at us.

"Hey," he says tiredly.

"Hiya. Sorry for disturbing," I mutter. "Oh well, we brought ice cream." We hand him the container with mint chocolate chip delicacy and plop down with him on his bed.

"Make yourselves comfortable," Ben says sarcastically.

"Already did, don't worry," Danie answers and laughs. He rolls his eyes but smiles at her. Isa and I exchange smug glances, knowing full well how much he adores Danie. Seeing our expressions, he gives a don't-you-dare-say-anything look. "By the way, why were you napping at six in the evening?"

"He was probably trying to dream about a special someone," I tease and eat my ice cream.

"Who?" Danie asks in surprise.

"Obviously me." Dramatically, Isa flicks her hair over her shoulder and nudges Ben, wiggling her eyebrows. "Right?" He laughs.

"Believe it or not, I was dreaming about bikes," he informs. Really? I can't help but condemn of his thought process. "Don't give me those looks. I know I made a stupid mistake. But dirt biking is cool as hell. If I still had my leg, I'd participate in today's race."