Chapter Thirty One

"I know she is here!" I heard someone yell and immediately shot to my feet. I then heard someone stomping toward the room I was in and looked around. The only door was the one I came in and there wasn't anywhere to hide. Not unless I could move a vending machine and I didn't think that was very likely. "Gabriella!" I heard and my heart stopped.

"Harry?" I asked myself, but stayed put. If it wasn't, I was going to die.

"Gabriella!" It yelled again. It was Harry!

I hurried as fast as I could toward the door and peaked out. The diner had almost stopped moving and a couple of men had stood up, turned toward the center. And there, in the center, was Harry, rage in his eyes, staring down at the little girl that had helped me.

"I don't know who you are looking for, sir." She said. "But whoever it is, isn't here."

"Harry!" I said, my voice not being able to yell, and stepped out from behind the door. He was alive! He was really alive!

"Gabriella." He sighed, and shoved the girl to the side. He was to me in two very large steps, embracing me in his arms. "Oh my God, I was so worried."

"You shouldn't be here alone." I said. "They are looking for me."

"I know." Harry nodded. "That is why we need to get you out of here."

"But, Louis..." I tried to tell him, but he stopped me.

"I know what Louis did was horrible. He will pay."

"No, but Harry...."

"Hush now, Gabriella. I need to get you to your father."

A rush of emotions filled me. I was so happy that Harry had found me, I was scared that they would come after us, I was angry that I was being taken back to my father. This was all his fault anyway.

"No..." I shook my head again, my voice sounded rough, even to me. "We have to go back and save Louis."

"That isn't funny, Gabriella." Harry said, scooping me up into his arms and heading for the door. I was too weak to argue, so I just laid my head on his arm. He placed me into the back seat of a black car, before getting into the driver's seat.

"Yes, sir, I got her." I heard him say and I assumed he was speaking to my father. "But she keeps going on back going back for Tomlinson." There was a pause. "I know, sir. I think she might have hit her head. We are coming back now."

I felt myself dozing off as the car began to move. Thoughts of Louis and Harry slowly leaving me for the darkness of a dreamless sleep. Because for the first time since I left school, I felt safe. Even if it was a false since of security, I knew Harry wouldn't let anything happen to me now.

"Gabriella!" I heard my name and then I was yanked upward. Harry was kneeling in the doorway of the car. "I have to take you in now."

"What?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I had a splitting headache and, even though I slept, I was extremely tired. "No." I shook my head, realizing he meant my father. "All his fault."

"I know it is." Harry nodded. "But right now, he needs to know his daughter is safe."

"They will be coming."