Chapter 10: August Tinkles

Start from the beginning

"Aw poor kid, you should see your face right now. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. You look more like a.... coca cola girl am I right?" He laughed out in an amused tone, taking out two glass coca cola bottles before tossing me one and closing the fridge with his foot.

"Thanks." I said, still wondering why Vampire Harry was so... hipster and modern unlike his followers as I struggled to open the bottle with sweaty hands.

Not that I was complaining though.

"Here," Harry offered, taking the bottle from my hand, his skin brushing against mine causing my breath to hitch in surprise at how cold his touch was.

Well duh Liza, he was just holding two chilled bottles of coke from the fridge.

And the whole vampire thing too got something to do with that as well probably but eh.

I watched in awe as he tilted the bottle to the corner of his mouth, bringing one of his fangs down on the cap and opening it like a bottle cap opener before it snapped open and the sound of coke fizzing and bubbling filled the room.

"There you go kid." He grinned, handing me the drink before ruffling my hair and moving passed me to fall back onto the large dark red satin bed in the middle of the space with a loud satisfied sigh, bringing the remote control up to change the channel on the tv as he drank from his own bottle.

"So... you're not gonna suck my blood?" I couldn't help but ask, the anticipation practically killing me as I hesitantly sat myself down next to him, drinking my soda as he smirked at my question, obviously amused.

"Hmm... maybe later.." He said, pursing his lips and tilting his head to the side as if in thought before that same light hearted smile spread across his face.

"Look, I'm not gonna hurt you or suck your blood. You're fine and I'm sorry if those guys over there took you and brought you here against your will, they do this like every month for me but I'll drop you off wherever you want later. Those people kind of worship me and I kind of dig it but I got a reputation to fullfill you know? Besides, I should be worshipped more often honestly." He explained, leaning back on his elbows before he sent me a shrug.

"What? Aren't they vampires too?"

"No. God no that would be a hell of a mess right there." He laughed out, slightly choking on his drink from his laughter as he shook his head.

"They're actually these group of random humans who worked at Hot Topic and found out I was a vampire. Unlike others they admired me and started to treat me like a fucking king. They even wear these fake eye contacts and teeth to be with me. Unfortunately for me they're really into the whole renaissance era." He explained, moving his hands around as he spoke and I swear if I could see his eyes he would be rolling them in exasperation.

"Been there, done that." He sang out, changing the channel when he got bored of whatever program or show was playing on the screen as he brought his head back to take a swig of his coca cola.

"I mean seriously, why be stuck in the whole eighteen hundreds bullshit when you've got Netflix and weed here." He said, rubbing his sharp jawline as my body relaxed.

"Then... what do you even do with the people they kidnap and offer to you?" I questioned, finally taking a sip of my drink as I looked over at the tv.

"Usually just hang around and chill for a couple of hours, make the guys out there think I'm sucking the person's blood when I'm actually playing foos ball with them -oh yeah did I tell you? I got a foosball table? You up for a lil' one on one?" He asked, talking to me as if we'd known eachother all our lives before he sent me a cocky smirk.