Chapter 11 - The Truth Comes Out

Start from the beginning

*Itachi's POV*

We started to walk again after our tea break.

"So, Itachi, what would you do if Mari betrays?"

I raised an eyebrow at him.

He chuckled. "I mean, if she betrays, would you kill her, or should I?"

I wanted to yell, "Don't you dare lay a hand on her" but of course I didn't.

"I'll kill her," I said. if she betrays Akatsuki and I don't then my whole life's plan could be messed up. Sasuke is my real sibling. I've killed my whole clan except for him, I can kill another loved one. I can handle killing Mari.

But Sasuke is no exception. I will never kill him.

2 days passed and we approached the Konoha Gates. The guards squinted their eyes at us and we disappeared, leaving them with no evidence. They shook it off.

We hopped from branch to branch silently around the gates, entering the Hidden Leaf.

Ah, home sweet home...

*Mari's POV*

We sat down in the Main Tower. We finished the test, getting both the Heaven and Earth scroll. Iruka Sensei appeared and we all greeted him. He said stuff I really couldn't care less about.

I then had a strange feeling.

Itachi...?

No, that's not possible, right?

If so, then why would he be here?

He can't be.

No. He's not.

I shrugged off the feeling, even though I still had it. Okay, yes, Itachi was here. Well, is here.

We walked out of the Main Tower and to the Hokage's office.

The Old Man told us that the third stage of the Chunin Exams will be in a month and that it was to battle another ninja.

Yippee.

I walked home with Sasuke, enjoying the silence, until he broke it. "Why were you talking to Kabuto?"

I smirked at him. "We all talked to Kabuto, dude."

"No, I mean when we first arrived at the Chunin exams," he snapped, and I remembered Kabuto telling me that he knew I was in the Akatsuki.

"Oh, I just uh..." I stopped when I saw a way to familiar pair of red eyes staring at me and Sasuke in the shadows. Sasuke stared at me in worry and confusion, and I turned to him. "I gotta go."

I ran to my house and he ran after me. He grabbed my arm, right where Orochimaru had placed the curse mark. He couldn't see it though because the mark left there was covered by my sleeve, but I still flinched in pain and he loosened his grip. "You have one too?"

"One what?" I asked confused, and he rolled my sleeve up before I could stop him and pointed at the curse mark.

The curse mark was three slightly curved lines, very skinny. I looked at Sasuke's neck and his looked like commas; three of them. So there's different types of seals.

I corressed his neck where the curse mark is, and he stared down on me with a soft expression. Then, I couldn't help myself. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and gently pressed my lips against his.

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist, and I closed my eyes. I was gong to enjoy this for as long as I can.

Fine. I'll admit it. I'm in love with Sasuke Uchiha.