The Missing Stallion

~Two days later~

Beep, beep. I looked at my clock, 5:10 AM. I hurried and got dressed and got an apple for me and a few peppermints for Dojo. It was Thursday, and I always got up at 5:10 to go riding. It was the best time to go but this was the only day I could. I fed Dojo the peppermints, got his halter, saddle, reins, etc., and I was out of the tack room and saddling him up. We went back to the mountain. The sun was rising and the herd was nowhere to be seen, then all of a sudden they emerged out of the woods and stopped at the pond to drink. I noticed the stallion wasn't there. Worry set over me but I soon forgot all about it as Dojo and I finished up the trail.

~

The next couple days, I rode up to the mountain and still no sign of the bay stallion. I wonder if he was hurt or possibly dead. One day, I tacked up Dojo at 3:34 A.M and went through the forest and up the mountain and headed for the woods. I ran past the pond and trotted through the woods, but still no sign of the bay. I slowed Dojo to a walk as I reached another open pasture and at the end, there was the herd, but again without the stallion. I jumped off Dojo and let him eat. Very quietly, I walked around the herd. I watched in amazement but after about 10 minutes of just watching, I whistled and Dojo came trotting towards me. the herd looked at him as he passed by but didn't do anything. I jumped up on him and we ran through the woods.

There was still no sign of the stallion, but I kept looking, Dojo snorted and started pawing at the ground. "What is it boy?" as soon as I said that, Dojo reared up and my butt was on the ground. I quickly looked up and watched as Dojo took off galloping through the woods, going deeper and deeper. I hit my head on a rock, and when I got up, I had a huge head ache. Everything was all blurry and was spinning, and the next thing I know, I'm on the ground.

~

I woke up and the bay stallion was within inches away from my head. Dojo was no where to be seen. I slowly got up and the stallion just looked at me, confused. I stood there a good 2 minutes until I finally had the guts to try to pet him. I walked as slow as possible up to him trying not to be nervous. I put my hand out and he sniffed it. I carefully reached my finger on to his nose and he pulled his head back, snorting. He quickly backed up. Sighing, I turned around and sat down on the ground. I don't know how long I stayed there, but soon I heard footsteps and felt a warm breath on the back of my neck. I slowly turned my head and saw the bay staring down at me with those big brown eyes.

I got up and dusted my pants and put my hand out, again. He carefully sniffed it and I laid my hand on his nose, finally. His muzzle was so soft and warm. I pulled off my belt and put it around his neck, walking the wild stallion back to his herd.

Dear Diary, I met such a beautiful horse today, and I named him "Farid," which is an Arabic word for 'One Of A Kind.'

~Callie~

__________________________________

Sorry this one is so short But I hope you liked it.