"You...You want me to do that?" I asked a bit surprised.

He chuckled. "Why of course. You're my attorney, this will make you prove your skills to me. Although, I must say either way I'm probably doomed but perhaps less doomed if you prove the letters aren't mine. Well...some"

"I-I think I can do that but we're gonna have to make this about you instead of me."

"Nonsense, I'm sure you have plenty to go by now. Next question, How did you become a doctor so quickly?" He smiled.

This guy is something else...

He seems to be in a good mood today...almost cheerful.

"It's a long story..." I said.

"Is Dr. Charles in it?" He smirked.

"Well...Y-Yeah. He is"

"If you tell me the story then I won't ask anymore until next time"

"Next time? But-"

"It isn't 21 questions for nothing Ms. Slayer" he said as he cocked his head to the side.

"Very well...But you have to promise me that you'll tell me everything I need to know, this is important. I'm your attorney and-"

"My dear..." He got up.

!

He walked closer to me and stood in front of me.

Stooping down to my face, our eyes met.

"Don't you understand? Death is inevitable for me. It doesn't matter if you sleep with the jury and the judge himself...The result is the same. I know that I will no longer walk the world as a free man." He whispered.

His eyes...

He looked back at me.

So soft...

I couldn't help but look at his lips then back at his eyes.

"Faline..."

!

He moved closer to me, I felt his bottom lip brush barely against mine.

Oh my god...

He pulled away and chuckled.

"Tsk tsk tsk."

!

"You shouldn't be so easily distracted dear." He said. "You see, in those inadequate moments you could easily become next in line to see if your name is in the book of life"

?

"You have a weapon in your purse, I could've continued to kiss you then slyly snuck it out of your purse and possibly killed you with it" he smirked as he waved the army knife in front of me. 

I gulped.

He handed it to me then went to take a seat.

He sighed heavily. "Women are very easily distracted aren't they?"

"Is that how you lured your victims? With that impeccable charm of yours?" I asked.

"Heh. I'm the one asking questions remember?" He smiled at me.

!

"So now then, won't you tell me more of Dr. Charles?"

"Why do you want to know about him?" I asked.

"Well...word around here says you two were patients as children"

!!

"Who said that?"