Chapter 6

Grace's P.O.V

I partially knew what was going to happen. I sighed quietly as I walked away from Emily and down the hall. I could hear her footsteps slowly fade as I walked away from her, and she walked back to her room. The Headmaster, I later found out her name was Jane, had been talking to me about a man who had looked at my information and was considering about adopting me. She didn't say who this man was, but she said he was a nice man and I had nothing to worry about. I quick walked down the hall and arrived shortly at the Headmasters office. I opened the door and Jane was already waiting for me. A man was standing next to her, smiling and holding a girls hand who was next to him. The girl smiled as well. "Grace, do you remember the man I was talking to you about?" She asked me, and I nodded. "This is Felix and his girlfriend Marzia. They want to adopt you!" She said and she smiled. Jane then added that they already and stuff for me and had signed the papers for me, and that I was already good to go with them. I smiled brightly, and walked up to Felix and hugged him. He hugged back. I then hugged Marzia, and she hugged back tightly. I giggled. Marzia held my hand as we walked out of the office and down the hall and out of the main door. "Welcome to the Kjellberg family, Grace!" Marzia said happily. She had an accent, which I assumed was Swedish. "Indeed, welcome my new child!" Felix said, turning around and picking me up and putting me on his back. His accent was Swedish as well. I chuckled, and we shortly got to the car. I slid down his back and back to the ground, and opened the door and got in. Marzia got into the passenger seat, and the three of us began to chat. 'Jane was right, these are really nice people!' I thought, and we continued to drive. "You might wanna get comfortable, we have a long drive. We live in LA." I nodded in understandment, and leaned back in my seat. My gaze stayed in the orphanage as long as it could as we drove away from it. I felt a pinch of sadness in my heart, but knew that Emily would be happy for me. But, I was leaving my best friend. The pinch stayed there, and my hazel eyes closed. A few thoughts crossed my mind. Would I have new friends in LA? What would happen to me if I did something wrong? What's going to happen to Emily? These thoughts never faltered as sleep over took me. An image stuck to my mind. It was the image of Emily, and her sad blue eyes, watching me walk away from her.
------------------------
Please forgive me for the lack of updating this book, I'm planning on making two sequels to this. Oh shit spoilers! The first sequel is for Peyton, and the second is for Grace. Man, I'm surprised that no one has gotten onto me for not getting to Max quicker. Thanks guys!