Chapter 10: Damn Elevator

"Where the hell is he?" Francis turns to Zoey, on the disappearance of Keith.

"I don't know, one second I heard a loud noise, next second I see him getting carried away" she tries to take a breath," I tried chasing them but they were too fast".

Bill lights up a smoke," what do we do now?"

"Damn it" Francis hits the wall hard with his hand," they were people".

Louis slowly opens up his eyes," are we there, yet?"

Francis turns to Zoey, then back to Bill," we either go up to the roof for evac, or stay here and look for him".

"I have a feeling it's going to be a long night" Bill turns to Francis, taking another drag of his smoke," what if it was all a trap? Maybe their just trying to lure us in, doing tests on us".

"Why just take one, why not ALL of us?" Francis points to Louis, Zoey and himself as he turns to the old man.

"I........don't.........know" Bill responds back.

"I'll make it" Louis tries to stand up again, only for his leg to give in again, and falls back down in pain.

"Don't get up" Zoey tells Louis," we're trying to get you out of here".

Francis goes on ahead," let's just get to the roof, and see what we can do from there".

The group follows after Francis, Zoey and Bill help Louis to his feet, putting his arm around them. Bill puts out his smoke, and walks with them to an elevator right in front of them, seeing no infected suprisingly so far.

"Do you really think we'll get that lucky?" Zoey asks Francis, as he presses the button to call for the elevator.

Francis looks over at a light in one of the patient's rooms flickering on and off, turning back to the college student," guess we'll find out".

Bill turns to the elevator, as a noise pops on, the elevator slowly coming down from up above," god dammit. Can we ever catch a break?"

Zoey turns around, as a wall in the corner of her eye slowly breaks down, something pouding on it from the other side," I think we got company".

"Time to rock N roll" Francis takes out his gun, and starts spreading bullets everywhere as the wall finally breaks down.

Bill sets Louis down behind them, as he too starts spreading bullets everywhere, as undead patients runs towards them, and more come running down the hallway towards the noise, no where to run, no where to hide.

"Right when those doors open, RUN" Bill tells them, as he quickly reloads his gun," I"m running out of ammo here".

The doors behind them finally open up, the elevator finally here as Louis quickly crawls into the elevator, as the rest of them turn around, going into the elevator car waiting for the doors to close as the undead continue to go after them.

Bill stares off into the darkness, then watches as something grabs his arm, trying to pull him in," SHIT. A Smoker has me" and tries to resist.

Francis grabs onto Bill, yelling at Zoey," cover our ass" as the long tongue tries to pull him in, then the doors slowly close in, cutting off the smoker's tongue as the special infected cries out in pain in the darkness, the tongue falling in the middle of them inside the elevator.

"Damn thing almost had meh" Bill stares down at the tongue, looking at Francis," what floor we going too?"

"I pushed the roof" Francis turns to Louis, turning back to Bill," you think the kid's going to make it?"

Bill looks down at Zoey trying to comfort the injured Louis," god I hope so" Bill looks around, leaning against the wall as the elevator rises," even bein in a war doesn't prepare you for this. They come at you and come at you and they never goddamn stop!"

Zoey turns to Bill," why did this happen?"

Bill turns to her," You call this a zombie apocalypse? It don't hold a candle to the great zombe apocalypse of 1957".

Zoey turns to him, confused and worried," what?"

"Nah, I'm horseshittin ya" Bill responds back to her.

Francis looks at the old wise man," this isn't war. It's worse, it's an invasion".

Bill turns back to him, adjusting his military jacket," same thing. Ya know, I haved decided.......I hate zombies".

Zoey looks up at them," I think he's fading away" she turns back to Louis as his head just bends over, blood from his wound drying up, Zoey slowly backs away, as if Louis is going to turn as she has fear in her eyes.

Francis turns to Louis, the man just motionless, as if he's dead," is he?" Francis comes in closer to Louis, having his gun at the ready just in case as he tries to hear for a heartbeat.

Just as Francis comes nearer, the college student, known as Louis slowly opens up his eyes.