Chapter 3...

Depuis le début

When he arrived i was in the living room next to the sofa and Old Quil and Harry were sharing my sofa with a cup of coffee each. Sam gave us each a tired and strained smile before sitting in the chair opposite us.

Harry was the first to speak. "So what's wrong Sam? You seem like you've gone down hill since the bonfire, has something happened?" My friend inquired obviously worried about a vampire or something coming across our lands. I glanced at Quil but he seemed to just be watching Sam and i could see him almost smiling as he looked at the young man.

"Something has happened but it's not a vampire or anything like that. Something has happened to me." He told us in a quiet voice obviously unsure of what he was about to tell us and it was when he turned to me that i began to have an idea as to what it was about and why Quil was smiling about. "The other night when i walked Willow home something happened." He told me carefully and i sat up straighter now because i was fearing what he was going to say but also in a sense hoping he was going to say what i hoped he would. "When i looked into her eyes everything changed between us, i don't know if she felt it but i know i did. Suddenly she became the centre of my world and i didn't want her to leave or be stressed and i wanted to help her do anything she asked me. And it's been three days since i've seen her and i feel like it's been a lifetime since i've seen her and i just want to see her again. But i don't know why i feel this way about her, i've never thought of her as more than a friend the whole time i've known her," He said glancing at Harry as a way to obviously say he'd never cheated on Leah and Harry just nodded in understanding. "And now it's like i can see myself spending the rest of my life with her and i don't know why." He finished before resting his head in his hands and i sighed before looking at my two friends who both nodded at me.

It was clear to us what had happened to him and i was glad in a way but also a bit worried that it had happened between him and my Will. But i knew i should tell him and i hoped he would take it well.

I then wheeled over to him and gave his shoulder a squeeze and he looked up at me with eyes that begged me to tell him what was happening to him. "Sam, do you remember why the third wife was so special?" I asked and he nodded. "It's because she was an imprint, which means she was the soul mate of the chief. And imprinting happens when a wolf looks into the eyes of his soulmate for the first time and it is written that it's when everything in his life changes. One wolf wrote that it was like she became his gravity and he would be anything for her." I said and he gave a nod of gratitude. "Similar to what you felt with Will?" I asked and he gave a shy nod.

I looked to Harry who nodded back and then looked at Sam with a stern look on his face. "Sam, i know you're still guilty about Leah and i don't doubt that Will gave you an earful to make you feel a little worse too." He began with a knowing look to Sam who gave a small grin and nod at the mention of his imprint. "But a wolf must follow his imprint, and i don't want you to feel guilty because you're now in love with Willow and if you want to pursue her then i think you should do so." Harry told him in a calm voice.

At this Sam nodded his head and finally relaxed and it seemed obvious that he felt better now he knew what had happened to him and that he wouldn't be looked down upon for following his feelings. We talked for a little while longer before Sam seemed satisfied and he went off to get some rest and my friends went back home.

End Of Flashback.

I then asked Jake to bring me the phone when he stood up. Sam had told us that he had wanted to try and get close to Willow but that she refused to do so because of Leah and i decided that i would take matters into my own hands. I had also seen how sometimes Will would be thinking before suddenly deciding to call Emily or Leah and i guessed it was the imprint making her miss Sam and she didn't want to miss him.