Chapter 3...

Willow's P.O.V:

It had been a week since the bonfire and a week since something strange happened between me and Sam.

During that week a few things had happened. Leah had began to cut herself off from all of us and decided to take a three week trip up to the Makah reservation to visit her cousin Emily and i knew she was bad if she was going to visit Emily. She was the only person that was closer to Leah than i was and i knew that Emily would probably be able to help Leah better than i would since i was now confused about my own feelings towards Sam because of whatever happened after our walk.

And i had also had this strange feeling that i wanted to see Sam all week, for no reason other than to just see him. But i quickly ignored that and made sure to distract myself whenever the feeling would come up. My best method of distraction was normal to call Emily and chat with her and check on Leah who seemed to be doing better now that she was nowhere near Sam. And it was those calls that helped remind me of why i couldn't even be friends with Sam until Leah had moved on. I mean nobody would ever betray their best friend like that and like i've pointed out before, i couldn't live with myself if i ended up hurting her in such a way.

So i was walking down to the mailbox to get the mail one morning when i nearly fell through the wood that was the ramp that lead up to our front door. I growled when i saw it and knew that it was time we had somebody replace the ramp, it had been up for years and with the constant rain in La Push i was surprised that it had taken so long to finally fail. Once i had grabbed the mail, and sighed that there was nothing for me, i walked back inside, careful to avoid the hole.

I went into the kitchen, placed the letters on the table before i started breakfast. I decided on pancakes and i quickly set to work whilst also making sure the table was set for the three of us and making sure there was coffee for dad and apple juice for Jake. (He insisted that he had to have it with his breakfast for some reason but if it kept him from moaning then i'd give it to him.) Just as i was finished putting everything, including a plate stacked with pancakes, onto the table i heard familiar footsteps and the rolling of wheels.

"Morning Will, ohh pancakes!" I heard from my brother who smiled and quickly dug in. Pig.

Dad smiled as he went to his seat and began sorting through the letters. "Morning Will, nice coffee." He told me with a wink and i smiled back as i gave him a kiss on the cheek as i sat next to Jake and opposite him.

I grabbed a pancake and began eating. "Always is." I replied to him.

Jake then looked at me and smiled. "I'm gonna walk over to Embry's later, don't forget to grab some more burgers whilst your shopping. Thanks sis."

I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. "Sure, i shouldn't be gone long, only about thirty minutes but i do expect you to have finished the dishes before i get back and i want them dried too. And dad i want you to call somebody to fix the ramp out front, i think it all needs replacing. There's a hole so please have called somebody by the time i get back." I told them both in a motherly tone as i finished up my fourth pancake and i decided that was enough. I then gave them both a kiss on the cheek before grabbing my coat, bag and the truck keys and leaving the house.

Billy's P.O.V:

Once i was sure that Will was out of the house and Jake occupied by his large stack of pancakes i put the mail down and sighed. I then let my thoughts wander to the council meeting that Sam had called four days ago.

Flashback:

I had had a call from Sam saying that he was in desperate need of advice from the council about something he didn't understand and i had decided it was better to help him as soon as we could. So i had called Harry and Old Quil over just after sending Jake and Will out to go food shopping which would taken them a while since they had no problem arguing about food. So i was sure we would have plenty of time to help Sam with his problem.