Prologue...

The rain was heavy in La Push giving the pace a gloomy atmosphere which happened to match the mood of the 19 year old girl walking down the road.

She was a beautiful girl with natural dark hair and sharp but beautifuly defined features but her eyes showed just how hurt and broken she was. She had her arms wrapped around herself but not in a vain attempt to keep warm but it was instead a way to hold herself together. She was a strong girl and she didn't like anybody to see her weak or vulnerable, apart from her best friend.

That was why she was willing to walk in the rain just so she could cry and tell her best friend everything that had happened. They had shared everything with each other since they were little girls and they thought of each other as sisters and they would do anything for each other. Including trying to fix a heartbreak.

But this was the first time that it was Leah who needed to be comforted. Sam was her first real boyfriend and they had been together for a little under three years and she had thought they were serious. Hell, pretty much everybody who knew them were sure that they were serious. So for him to suddeny dump her just a few days after he had gotten back from running away for two weeks was enough to make her feel awful. But it got worse when he refused to give her a better answer than 'we want different things.'

When she reached the Black's house she saw Willow stood there giving her a worried look as she saw her soaked friend and was able to see the tears. She had seen her walking up to the house and knew that she had just been to see Sam but when she saw how her friend was walking she knew something was wrong.

Leah looked at her friend and could see her silently asking how bad it had been so she just shook her head at her. It was then that Willow pulled her friend into a tight hug and Leah finally began to let all of her tears go. She sobbed into her friends shoulder whilst also cursing Sam so bad that Willow couldn't help but wonder where the hell her best friend had even heard some of those words. But she didn't say anything or even move her friend, she knew how to deal with this.

And it was nearly an hour later when they were both sat on Willow's bed eating ice-cream, Leah eating plain vanilla whilst Willow was eating chocoate chip chocolate and listening to Leah rant. It had taken twenty minutes for Leah to stop crying and it was then that Willow managed to convince Leah to get into the shower which lasted a good half an hour. And during that time Willow had explained to her dad and brother that Leah was heartbroken and they both just nodded and let the pair go about their business knowing it was the best thing for the eldest Clearwater child. And then for the last ten minutes Leah had been ranting.

One minutes she was angrier than Willow had even seen her and she was making promises and plans about how she was going to torture and kill him for what he did to her. But then she would cry some more and ask what she had done wrong and if there was something she could have done better.

It made Willow really angry because Leah had done nothing but be the perfect girlfriend all through out their relationship. And here she saw the most confident and self-assured girl in the world questioning everything about herself and the way that she acts and it made Willow's blood boil. She was prepared to break Sam's balls for the damage he had done but she was stopped by Leah.

She had begged her best friend to not hurt Sam because she still cared about him and after she had finished her ice-cream she admitted that she was hoping he might re-consider them after a few days. Willow had then gone silent in an attemt to make sure she didn't say something she was going to regret but Leah mistook this as she should keep talking. So she then explained that she thought he was still stressed about whatever had caused him to go missing and thought that after he had had a few days to calm down he would realise what had happened and they could just go back to normal.

Willow though was fighting the urge to smack Leah upside the head for being so stupid. (Don't feel bad, because if the situation was reversed she was sure Leah would have punched her in the head for saying something so stupid.) Willow wanted to tell her that Sam wasn't the kind to let his judgement be clouded that badly and she almost screamed at her that Sam wasn't going to change his mind. And she also wanted to tell her that she should never settle for somebody who had hurt her and that she could find a much better man if she was willing to look.

After that Leah had fallen asleep in Willow's double bed and Willow decided to give the girl a few days before she said anything in the hope that her best friend would be able to come to her senses so that she could begin to help her get over Sam.