Betrothals and Seduction

Picture of Flynn to the right

Flynn narrowed his eyes, “Not everything, plus love requires two participants for it to be prosperous. Keep that in mind miss St. Clair.” But the meaning behind his words did not escape me. And then he walked his dripping body below deck leaving me in awe that he didn’t pull away from my embrace and utter sadness because he admitted that my feelings, being where ever they stood, were unrequited.

After the crew had their fill of swimming, we were on our way. Argo, who thankfully retrieved the map off of Sara, was at the helm. The men were all in high spirits and laughing about with each other. Having the captain back put everyone at ease.

“I was so scared I’d never see this place again” I remarked as Loki, Sara, and I bundled into the kitchen. I ran my fingers along the wooden table and let out a breath; I would not be taking this ship for granted ever again after having to stay in a dungeon.

“Oh quiet down Adeline, You know Argo and I was going to find you. You had nothing to worry about.” Loki reassured as he began taking out pots and supplies to cook tonight’s meal.

I just nodded; I had no desire to tell him that I in fact did not think he and Argo would find us. If anything I was absolutely sure that they would not find us.

“Feels good being back eh?” I nudged Sara with my elbow. She smiled weakly in response. I locked eyes with Loki who witnessed her odd behavior since she had boarded the ship, he shrugged.

I sighed, he’d be no help whatsoever, “Sara, darling, are you alright?” I asked gently.

She blinked, surprise etched over her flawless face, “Yes Addie. Why do you ask?”

“Oh it’s nothing really. It’s just that you’ve been very quiet since boarding the ship which is out of sorts seeing as how you’re usually quite the chatterbox.” I said with a smile.

She giggled, “Oh that? I’m fine. It was just so amazing being in the sea again and I was just reminiscing back on it.” She replied.

I nodded saying nothing more. I had a slight feeling that she was lying, but I would not press the subject any further. If she found it important, then I hoped that she would confide in me.

We cooked dinner in silence with the exception of Loki making small talk. I appreciated his effort, but I was too tired to be much of a conversationalist to anyone. Plus, the whole ‘I like him, I like him not’ ordeal with Flynn was wearing me out.

The man was heartless. Had I not known of his history with Elizabeth, I’d have thought him to be an unemotional senseless being. Unfortunately, I did believe he had a heart; I just shared no part of it.

But what had I expected, he was a pirate. The last time he had loved someone, his brother had murdered her. And it wasn’t like he had ever really gotten the chance to know me. I straightened my shoulders and came to a conclusion; I’d show Flynn Gaige that love was not lost or hopeless if it killed me. Keeping in mind that dying was a strong possibility.

******

“Sara you help Loki serve the crew, I’ll take dinner to Flynn this time.” I said as I stopped her and took the seaming hot bowl from her. She arched a brow but said nothing. I smiled and made my way to his quarters.

I stopped right at the large wooden doors, feelings of anxiety and panic rushing through me. This was the first time we were speaking after finding out that he harbored no feelings towards me whatsoever.

I raised my hand, and knocked on the large door three times.

“Enter” his deep voice rumbled. I took a deep breath preparing myself for the utterly unwise thing that I was about to do.