Chapter 6. Finally Connected

Start from the beginning

"You see this line here? That's a ligature mark, that means he was strangled with something like cord or rope." My mom stated as she glanced at my boyfriend and I.

Stiles rose an eyebrow in confusion, "Alright... what kind of werewolf strangles somebody? I mean that's not very... werewolfy."

"My thoughts exactly," My mom nodded as she turned the guys head slightly, "and then there's this."

When I saw the hole on the side of his head I quickly turned my head away from him, "Oh I can't be in here."

"What is that? Is that brain matter? Of course it's brain matter," Stiles breathed out as he turned his head away in disgust.

My mom sighed, "Do you see the indentation? He was hit hard enough in the back of the head to kill him. I mean any of these things could have killed him, someone seriously wanted this poor kid dead."

"Okay so that means it couldn't have been Boyd or Cora.." I stated as I kept my gaze adverted from the gaping hole on the side of this guys head. The last thing the hospital staff needs is to have to mop up my vomit off the floor.

Stiles nodded, "Yeah they wouldn't have done all that. So maybe it was a murder, like just a coincidence you know?"

"I don't think it's just one," My mom added quickly.

I rose an eyebrow, "Why not?"

She nodded her head in the direction of the slab behind us, "Because that girl over there has the same injuries."

My mom was talking about something called a garrote and how they strangled the girl, but after she pulled the sheet up my eyes widened-- it was Heather. She was laying here in front of me lifeless, her throat had a slash on it and there was the same ligature mark as the guy before. I could feel the bile in the back of my throat rising as I turned to face Stiles.

The way he looked right now, absolutely broke my heart and I wish that I never had to see him this upset ever again in my entire life. His eyes were wide and glassy as he just stared at her pale body. His grip on my hand was gone as he just looked at her, no doubt feeling absolutely guilty for having this happen to her.

"Stiles? Is something wrong? Oh my God, did you know her?" My mom asked in a panic.

My boyfriend nodded slowly as my mom jerked the sheet back up to cover Heather's body, "I'm so sorry, I didn't even think..."

"I was at her party... it was her birthday... her name was Heather," He mumbled as he wiped at his eyes with the sleeve of his jacket.

And that's when it happened, I had linked myself to Stiles-- I could hear Heather's voice ringing in the back of my head, "You know what I want for my birthday? To not be a seventeen year old virgin." Images of the body at the pool flashed into my mind, but it was just his hand with a silver ring that had Purity printed on it. I could feel him finally solving this mystery, I could feel him wanting to help Heather, I could feel him finally feeling some self-worth in himself.

"Stiles? Kasey? Are you two okay?" My mom asked as she snapped her fingers to get our attention.

My boyfriend glanced at my mom in a panic, "Has anyone else been through here tonight? Any other bodies?"

"No, no bodies. But there were two girls, they brought one of them-- Kaitlyn, in for a tox screen. And then I overheard that her girlfriend Emily just disappeared, they were out in the woods and nobody--"

My eyes widened, "Nobody's found her yet?"

"I don't know, I don't think so." My mom replied in confusion.