Chapter 1 - A Shadow From The Past

Synopsis: It has been a year since the dreaded Order 66, a whole year since Operation Knightfall brought the Jedi Order to its knees. Now, Ahsoka Tano lives in peace on her home planet, Shili, a peace that is about to be destroyed by the incoming fires of war. Ahsoka is ready to lay her life on the line to protect her people and save her family but when a shadow from the past emerges from the fire, will she have what it takes to defeat it, or let the darkness take her.

Under Blackened Skies

Chapter 1

A Shadow From The Past

The sound of explosions and screams echoed throughout the plains of the planet Shili, sounds of war, of destruction and of death, sounds that Ahsoka had once been used to but had long since forgotten about, until now.

The young Togruta took hold of a nearby spear as another squad of Imperial Storm Troopers charged toward her, dodging shot after shot from the white armoured troops while she tried to distract them long enough for her extended family in Tano Tribe to escape into the large forests that surrounded their now ruined home.

Ahsoka dove forward, lodging her weapon into one troopers gut before grabbing his blaster and downing another two in quick succession as she leaped back to avoid retaliatory shots from the never ending horde of troopers.

"Will somebody kill this little rat!" the shout came from one of the masked men as Ahsoka took down another trooper.

"She's too fast!" another replied before leaping to the ground behind a nearby tree and firing his blaster aimlessly from his new cover.

It came as a surprise to Ahsoka that these men were not clones, but rather a whole new force which the Empire had created to fight their battles and add to the ever growing Imperial Army. In one way, she was glad that she wouldn't have to kill any of her former comrades, though on the other hand, she never wanted to kill at all.

Ahsoka had been settling down for the night when the first wave of troopers attacked her village and began burning down the many wooden huts. She had tried to help as many as she could to escape into the safety of the forests but many had already been killed or captured as the Empire attacked with all it's might.

Now she was alone, holding on as long as she could so that any who could escape would and those who had also stayed behind were able to help the injured to safety before she herself would attempt an escape.

"More troops! We need more troops!" the cry of a storm trooper was quickly silenced as his chest was impaled by Ahsoka's spear and he fell to the ground in a heap.

"Inform command of this immediately!" another shouted as her gestured his squad back towards the burning forest behind him and ordered them to take cover behind the many rocks, trees and rubble that dotted the large open area.

Ahsoka let out a long sigh as she too retreated back towards the remains of her village, coming to stop behind one of few still standing huts as an elderly Togrutan male was helped to safety by two female healers.

"Ahsoka, we must go, the scouts on the northern cliffs have seen an Imperial Star Destroyer coming this way, it's not safe to continue fighting" one of the healers said as she hurried towards the forest entrance.

Ahsoka nodded, "I'll follow you soon, I just need to make sure no one else was left behind" she replied before looking back into what was left of the village centre.

The healer shook her head and shot the younger Togruta a concerned look, "But we've so far heard nothing more from the south side of the village, I fear there may be no survivors, come with us now, before it's too late!"