Words May Hurt Me

"Did you take that book Jake?" Ashley asked. "The lady said here and handed it to me." Jake replied. "So you just took a book from a strange old lady that had no title on it. Doesn't that seem a little weird to you?" Ashley squinted her eyes. "Yeah and also did you see how creepy she looked?" Kiara's eyes widened. When they reached Ashley's car they heard a screech. The old woman was running out of the library screaming and waving her arms. "Get in the car, get in the car!!! Hurry!!!" Jake screamed. They hopped into the car and Ashley sped off. The woman screamed for them to stop but they were already gone. "Oh no what have I done?" The old woman fell to her knees and weeped.

"What the hell was that about?" Kiara asked while looking back. "Idk." Ben answered. "Did that really just happen?" Ashley wiped the sweat from her forehead. "Everyone calm down. Let's just go to our houses and get some sleep." Jake breathed. "Okay." The other three replied.

Hours Later

"How are you feeling Ash?" Kiara asked while eating popcorn. " I'm just a little shooken up." Kiara replied with a nodded. "She just... Looked so angry." Ashley said with tears in her eyes. "It's okay. Come here." Kiara put down the popcorn and hugged a now crying Ashley. "D-do you think she was trying to tell us something Kiara?"

"I don't know but what I do know is we will never see her again." Ashley nodded while her head was lying on Kiara's chest. Ashley's phone rang.

"Jake what do you want?" She got off of Kiara's chest and stood up. "I need you to come to my house right now." There was fear in his voice. "Why what happened?" Jake's phone hung up. "Come on Kiara we gotta go to Jake's house." Ashley put on her jeans and red vans. "What happened?" Kiara asked while standing up. "Idk he just told me to come to his house and then his phone hung up."

Kiara and Ashley ran downstairs. Ashley grabbed her keys and bolted out the door. "Should we call Ben?" Kiara asked. "No we don't have enough time."

She started her car and drove to Jake's house. His front door was wide open. Ashley and Kiara walked up to the front door. "Um, Ashley I don't think that we should do this." Kiara tried to convince Ashley. "We have to, he could be hurt or worse." Ashley walked into the house. There was a blood trail. "Oh... My... God." Ashley felt her stomach get upset. She threw up. Kiara screamed.

"You don't think that's Jake's do you?" Kiara pointed at the blood trail. "Oh please God no!" Ashley was bawling. Kiara smacked Ashley. "We don't even know if that's his blood. Just calm down." Ashley nodded. They followed the blood trail. It led them to Jake's room. "I'm scared Kiara."

"Just do it." Kiara gulped. Ashley opened the door.Jake threw a baseball and it hit her in her nose. "Oh fuck!" Ashley screamed. "Come in and hurry." Jake waved his hand. "Why the fuck did you hit Ashley in her nose?"

"I thought that she was the person that was attacking me downstairs." He started looking around his room. "Who attacked you?" Ashley asked while holding her nose. "I don't know it happened to fast. I was just sitting on the couch downstairs. And then the next thing I know I'm being tossed around like a rag doll."

"You didn't see anyone at all?" Kiara asked. "Well there was a shadowy figure. But that's all that I can think of." He walked over to his dresser and grabbed his baseball bat. "You guys stay here. I'm going to go look for the bastard that did this to me." He walked out if his room.

Then Kiara and Ashley heard a loud boom and glass being broken. Kiara and Ashley hugged each other. Then the noises stopped. Kiara walked to the door and opened it slowly. There was blood all over the door. Kiara started breathing heavy. "Is h-he dead?" Ashley asked. Kiara didn't answer. "Kiara?"

"Kiara you're scaring me." Ashley got off the bed and slowly walked over to Kiara. Kiara pointed to the book. Ashley gasped. A page in the book had Jake's death in it. "This can't be happening." Ashley shook her head. "No I don't believe it." Kiara just kept staring at the book without blinking. "Kiara say something."