Blind

The world is cold, though not as cold as it once was. The world, it seems, has lost any trace of beauty and individuality that had ever been there. It's quieter now. There are no bright colors like I remember, no flowers on the hill, no birds singing in the big oak that was out in the yard, once green and full of bright green leaves now dry and wilted. It's just dark. Dull colors all around, a permanent cloud of gray fog fillinf the surrounding area. Everything I've ever known... is gone.

I look out the car window and see nothing. Just dead grass and dull housed, paint peeling, shingles broken, and weeds growing to the poin where a small shild could get lost among the overgrowth. Maybe this sight isn't so great after all. Maybe after everything, it would be better in the long run to keep the last memory I have from the world around me, keep that last vision of beauty and purity. Keep just that memory of my family's farm, with the orchids out front, and my brothers antagonising the chickens, and running around causing chaos.This is all that's going through my mind as I pull into our home driveway and it's all I can do not to scream in pain at the miserable world around me.

The car rolls almost to a stop and I jump out before the vwhicle even stops rolling completely. For the first time in years, I can walk into my own house without the assistance of a cane or a walker or some other means of assistance. I can feel the rocks moving beneath my bare feet as I break into a sprint towards our front porch. Everything was so much brighter then. As I reach