Chapter 1

It had been a moon since the fight between Nightpaw and Dawnpaw had happened during training. Firewing had two healthy kits while Cloudspirit had four. Nightpaw got up from sitting in the middle of the sunny clearing and strode out of camp. She walked towards the river enjoying the end of new-leaf sun on her black pelt. She jumped over the logs in her way and sat down next to the river. Nightpaw waded into the water and heard familiar voices in the distance, one of them she recognized was her brother, Dawnpaw but the other voice wasn't that familiar. She followed the sent until she went further up the river. She recognized his brown tabby pelt that was fluffed up. Maybe a Storm Clan cat crossed the river. She then creeped forward to peek further and saw the Storm Clan apprentice was not fighting with him but nuzzling him. She saw a she-cat's white pelt and then remembered who it was. Breezepaw, she was the reason that Nightpaw and her brother got into a fight. Nightpaw rolled in some nearby mint to hide her sent. She slunk around them in the undergrowth as they sat next to the water. "I have an idea. We have been meeting for at least half a moon, why don't we run away so we could love each other?" Breezepaw meowed. "How could you suggest that? I have a brother and sister you know," Dawnpaw meowed a little irritably but held it back because he liked her. "Your sister isn't worth staying for, she got between us! Also Duskpaw is so busy with his warrior training that he hardly cares about you," Breezepaw mewed. Nightpaw kept back a hiss and slunk away through the trees. She couldn't bare to hear anymore of how Breezepaw would talk about her and Duskpaw this way. She bared her teeth and snarled back to the camp. Nightpaw got back to camp and slumped down next to Duskpaw. "We need to talk," Duskpaw meowed into her ear. Nightpaw nodded and went behind the bramble barrier, her brother following close behind. "Moon Clan has sent me a message. They say a dark force is coming. It's some kind of monster." Duskpaw meowed and Nightpaw's eyes widened in alarm. "Please say, thunder-path monster." Nightpaw murmured and Duskpaw shook his head. "I bring you news as well. Dawnpaw has been sneaking out to meet Breezepaw that Storm Clan fox-face. I over-heard them by the river and Breezepaw was talking bad about us." Nightpaw hissed. They turned their heads to see Dawnpaw walking in with his normal look and a rabbit in his mouth so he could have an excuse to where he went too. Nightpaw flicked her tail for Duskpaw to follow her to confront Dawnpaw. Nightpaw nudged Dawnpaw and flicked her tail for him to follow. They returned to the spot and Nightpaw began meowing furiously at Dawnpaw. "So I get between you two hm? Did Duskpaw ignore you so much because he was training and working so hard to be a warrior?!" Nightpaw was getting more angry by the minute. Nightpaw pounced on her brother but then leapt off, remembering the time her brother almost killed her. She stomped off towards the fresh-kill pile and grabbed the rabbit that her brother dropped and ripped into its flesh. When she finished she cleaned the blood off of her muzzle and went into the apprentice's den.