First Day in LA

My flight was delayed and I got into Los Angeles at like four o'clock in the morning. Dakota didn't have time to set up the temporary bed in June's room yet so she just told me to sleep on the couch.

I couldn't tell you how long I was there asleep but I was fucking beat. I've never been really been good with flying but I'm not scared to do it anymore, I just can't sleep on planes and turbulence is Satan's personal creation straight from the pits of hell.

I roll over on the couch and open my eyes. Three guys are sitting on the floor in front of me, they all look like women. I scream and all three of them fall back crashing into and breaking the coffee table. I sit up and look at them.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I told you three idiots if you hurt Dallas, Dakota would beat you senseless." My cousin's boyfriend, CC, yells.

"We're not hurting her!" The brunette one yells.

CC appears in the living room doorway and smiles at me.

"Hey Dallas." He says. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good, thanks." I say and glance at the three guys that are now pulling themselves up.

"Oh! Those are my band mates. Bret, the singer. Bobby, the bassist. Rikki, the drummer." He explains. "This is Dallas, Dakota's cousin."

We all shake hands and CC tells me to go and shower because Dakota wants me to go to the bar and get to know everyone before I start working there. I quickly shower and brush my hair, it's gotten darker in the past few years and now it's almost black. I get dressed in a pair of jeans and a David Bowie shirt that shows my stomach, you can see where my abs have formed my skin and my belly piercing. You can see my tattoos that trace the inside of my forearms and that are painted on my back. I lace up a pair of blue Chuck Taylor's and walk out to the guys who are waiting for me.

"Okay, I'm ready." I say and they all look at me. "What?"

"Nothing." Rikki, Bobby, and Bret say quickly.

"We're used to Dakota who takes a lot longer getting ready." CC explains and I nod. "Let's go."

"Dakota is going to think we killed you." Rikki laughs as we walk out the door.

We pull up to my cousin's bar and go inside. Junie sees before before anyone else does and yells.

"Aunt Dolly!"

She hops down from the bar and runs up to me. I pick her up and she hugs my neck. I laugh and kiss her cheek.

"Hey, what about me?" CC asks.

"Daddy, I see you everyday." June tells him and looks back at me. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I say and look at her Georgia Bulldogs shirt. "Your mother dress you?"

"Yeah, why?" She asks when I put her on her feet.

"You and me are Wolfpack fans, remember? NC State not this Bulldogs." I remind her.

"No tell Aunt Dolly that we're Bulldogs fans here and she's only bitter because she didn't get into the University of Georgia." My cousin says and I flip her off.

"You're a trader to your state." I remind her.

"Bulldogs, right Junie?" Dakota asks.

"Nah, you're confusing the kid." I laugh and she hugs me. "Miss me or something?"

"Yeah, I did." She admits. "How was graduation?"

"I didn't fall." I say and she laughs.

Dakota and I actually look related. We both have dark brown hair and grey eyes, we both look like our mothers who were sisters. I stand at about five foot five right now and she just barley breaks five foot.