Simon: Storm

A-N: this is just a fanfic about how you are scared of thunderstorms and go to Simon so that you can sleep :)
Word count: 1492
Warnings: just a little bit of fluff at the end c;

It was a Saturday night and I was staying at my friends' house for the long weekend. I was friends with all of the Sidemen (the group they were in), really, but I felt closest to Vikk, Josh and Simon. They were all very sweet and treated me well. When I arrived, they gave me a tour around the house and guided me to the guest bedroom, where the bedsheets were crease-less and fairy lights were hung above the bed, a little stuffed bear placed underneath the sheets in between the two massive pillows. They even prepared my nightstand with a bunch of my favourite chocolates, a water bottle and some deodorant, which I found really funny.

We had spent this Saturday doing nothing but games and eating food. I watched the boys play GTA V against each other and giggled as they cursed at each other.

"What are you laughing at? Come join us!" Josh said, his fingers still moving the buttons on his controller.

"Yeah, we want to see you play!" Vikk chimed in. I smiled and sat down behind them.

"No thanks guys, I'm okay." I said with a giggle. I'm glad they didn't push me into doing it, I didn't want to admit I'd never played the game before and barely know how to use the controller.

Soon after our 8 o'clock dinner, it began to pour with rain outside.
"It's pretty windy, too." Simon said with a mouthful of pasta. We all glanced outside, where it was dark and the trees were dancing in the strong wind. I sighed and looked down at my plate, moving my food around.

"Everything okay, Y-N?" Simon asked. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

"Yeah, I just really don't like storms." I admitted.

"Don't worry, it's just a storm, it's nothing to worry about." Vikk tried to reassure me with a bright, toothy smile. I smiled at him too, but it didn't last very long. I still hated storms. I hated the sound of hard rain hitting the roof and I can't help but imagine standing outside then. The way the winds pull the windows shut abruptly with a loud bang always seemed to make me jump out of my skin, and the sound the wind makes around the house is like a ghost whistling. Not like I ever heard a ghost whistle, though.

After a couple more minutes of GTA V, we switched to Truth or Dare because Josh said I looked like I felt left out. Even though I told them I didn't and that I liked watching them break their sports cars, they shut off the PlayStation and made me join them anyway.

"Y-N, truth or dare?" Vikk turned to ask me. For some reason, I started blushing. I probably knew his dare was going to be bad, so I picked truth.

"Oh, she's staying in the safe zone," Josh said, trying to build up the tension and rubbing his hands together. I smiled at him as Vikk was thinking of a question.

"Who's your favourite out of the sidemen?" Vikk finally asked with a smirk.

"Um," I said with a small smile. I looked at each of the three boys in turn; Josh smiled at me, Vikk smiled evilly at me and Simon was smirking, which made me laugh. "I don't know," I told them, raising my shoulders.

"Nah, come on, you can't say that!" Josh said.

"I really don't know," I tried to push, just because I really didn't want him to know.

Josh turned to look at Simon, putting a sassy hand on his hip. "Simon, you seem awfully quiet," he stated. "Is there something going on between you two?" Josh looked back at me questioningly.

"What?" Simon asked with a small chuckle.

"No!" I giggled at Josh. If only there was something between us.

In the end, I told the boys I didn't really have a favourite which they accepted and we kept going with the game.

At around 11 at night, we finally stopped and decided to go to bed. Josh had pointed out where all the towers are for the bathroom just before we said goodnight, and then I was off to the top floor of the house.

Simon allowed me to use his bathroom as his bathroom, his bedroom and my guest bedroom were all on the same top level. I made sure to keep my singing in the shower quiet so I wouldn't embarrass myself in case he heard me. However, that meant that the storm and the wind throughout the house seemed louder. It gave me the chills, the hair stood up on my arms, even when I was in the shower and the water was probably over 50 degrees (Celsius).

When I got out, I got dressed in my sweatpants and an oversized black Sidemen tee, and wrapped my wet hair in a towel. I walked out across the hall, past Simons room, to my bedroom to put my toiletries in my suitcase.

About an hour later, when silence fell upon the house and the only thing I could hear was the terrible storm outside, that's when the panic started to rise. I was underneath the duvet, trying to force myself to go to sleep, but I started to sweat and felt like I was drowning in it.

And that's when the thunder and lightning came. A flash of light illuminated my room even though the blinds were closed. I let out a small gasp and pulled the duvet over my head as if it would protect me. Seconds after, the loud boom of thunder sounded throughout the house loudly.

Come on, it's just a storm, it's nothing to worry about. I told myself what Vikk has told me. It's just nature doing it's thing. You're protected in a house. Everything will be fine.

Thinking that calmed me somewhat, but when I found myself still awake at 2 in the morning, that's when I had it. I was tired but as stressed as ever.

Trembling, I stumbled out of bed and opened the door of my bedroom very quietly so not to wake anyone up. But just to my luck, that's right when another thunder and lightning came. I jumped and breathed in loudly but forced myself to calm down. You can't wake up anyone now, Y-N. I thought to myself.

I took soft, careful steps until I was in front of Simon's closed bedroom door. Another lightning struck along with thunder louder than the ones before. I think I might have whimpered too loudly, sobs now becoming evident because I watched Simons door handle move and the door open slowly.

"Hey," Simon whispered into the dark. I could just about make out his outline. I continued to sob, hiding my face with my hair which I had put out of the towel before I went to bed.

"Y-N?" He asked. I didn't really reply, I just brought a hand to my eye to wipe my tears away. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. I could feel his sleepy warm arms wrap around my waist and pull me in for a hug. I placed my hands on his chest and prayed for my sobs to quieten.

"Is it the storm?" He whispered in my ear and I nodded against his bare chest, which was now damp from my tear-stained cheeks.

I could feel his arms leave my waist which had me quite disappointed, but his arms trailed down to both of my hands and grabbed them, walking back into his room. "Stay with me," he whispered and led me to what I guess was his bed. I climbed in as he quickly returned to close the door of his bedroom.

The bed dipped underneath his wait as he slid underneath the same duvet. I was facing away from him, but soon I felt his strong arms around my waist again, his chest pressed against my back. His breathing was deep, which felt soothing against my back.

"Better?" He asked softly. I wanted to nod, but then I noticed he wouldn't see it.

"Yes," I whispered, placing my hands on top of his at my stomach. My heart was still racing but seemed to pick up speed anyway when lightning illuminated the room and thunder echoed throughout the house once again.

"Shh, it's okay, I'm right here," Simon whispered and pulled me back closer to him. I could feel his breath on my neck as he cuddled in closer to me. I could also feel one of his legs place on top of mine so that our legs were now tangled. I smiled to myself happily and breathed in deeply.

"Goodnight, Simon," I whispered. Simon squeezed me lightly.

"Goodnight," he whispered and we both slowly fell asleep in each other's embrace, our bodies intertwined.