Into Darkness - The Writers' Games

The Reaping

You line up with everyone else, dreading the time when a name is picked from the glass bowls. Even in the warm summer breeze, you shiver, hoping that it isn’t your name that is on the slip of paper. Gradually, the never-ending line of people between the age of twelve and eighteen shorten, leaving you at the front of the line. You flinch as the needle pierces the skin on your finger, blood spilling from the pin prick as you press it down on the piece of paper. The peacekeeper in front of you roughly pushes your arm down until he is satisfied with the red fingerprint above your name. With the others, you walk into your designated group, heart pounding as you await Effie Trinket’s Arrival.

Welcome to The Writers’ Games. Twelve boys and twelve girls will be picked to compete in these games of luck, stealth and cunning; however, only one will come out alive.

If you are willing to risk your life, enter using the form below and post it in the comments. Remember, if you enter, you will be expected to complete the challenges.

 _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name:

Age:

District:

Personality:

Appearance:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Weapon:

Tokens:

Anything else:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy Writers’ Games and may the odds be ever in your favour!