Chapter 11 - The Club

Start from the beginning

I hoped it wouldn't be so bad. Dane's the one who'd insisted we take the room. He liked the view. Little did he know what being near Max did to me. Last night, when Cassie had come to close our side of the bathroom door, she'd gone on and on about how she was changing for her first night of making love to Max. I'd wanted to pull every last blonde curl out of her head and go take care of pleasuring Max myself. I was so jealous!

Well, I guess he was over me if he was sleeping with her. He'd been dating her at least since the end of May, when Joey had set up the trip. He couldn't be that much of a player if he was only getting around to sleeping with her now. Unless she was "the one." I hoped she wasn't, though. I had been fantasizing for awhile that I would marry Max. Now it seemed like nothing but a pipe dream.

Who was I kidding? If my period didn't come soon, I'd be tied to Dane forever, anyway. I didn't know what I wanted, but all I could do was wait and see. I could take the test tomorrow.

"Penny for your thoughts," Bree said as we walked toward the house.

"Just thinking," I said.

"About what?" she asked.

I sighed. Here goes nothing, I thought. "About whether or not I'm pregnant," I said.

Bree stopped dead in her tracks. "WHAT?" she squealed.

I pulled back my wet hair with a hair tie. "About two weeks ago, Dane and I were going at it, and the condom broke. When he came, it felt.....different. Then, I realized why. He was too drunk to remember, so I haven't even mentioned it to him yet. I have a test. I can take it tomorrow. I'm supposed to get my period today, but nothing so far," I explained.

"Do you want to be?" she asked.

"Yes,.......and no. I'm at the age where I would like to start having kids. On the other hand, Dane hasn't offered to marry me yet, so, I don't know," I whined.

"Maybe he will ask if you're pregnant," she said.

"That's the thing. I'll never know why he asked if he waits until something like this happens. And besides which,......never mind."

"What?" she questioned.

"I want someone who loves me wholeheartedly, and I'm not sure Dane does." It was true. I couldn't tell if it was because I was settling for him, or if it was because he was settling for me. I didn't want to bring a baby into that. She didn't bother asking me if I'd keep it. She knew I would. After all, I knew pregnancy was on the table every time I had sex, even with protection.

"Do you want me to be with you tomorrow when you take the test?" she asked.

"Yes. That would help me," I agreed. I was blessed to have a friend like Bree.

We walked into the house, and went to our respective rooms. I got my things ready for the shower, and headed toward the bathroom. As I opened the door, there was Max, stark naked in the middle of the bathroom. "Hey!" he shouted, looking over at me. His face turned a hundred shades of red as he struggled to find his towel so he could cover himself.

"I'm sorry," I said, letting my gaze linger a little too long on his yummy body before he covered it. I hurried and shut the door. Through the closed door, I shouted, "Will you please tell me when you're out?"

"Sure," I heard him mumble in response. I couldn't believe that had happened. I couldn't believe I hadn't attacked him on the spot. He could thank the possible baby for my will power. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for that fact, I'd be in there right now, having my way with him. How I wished I was that towel.

We went to the club a few hours after my encounter with Max. I couldn't look at him. I was so embarrassed. I mean, it's not like I'd never seen him naked before, it's just that I hadn't seen him naked lately. I didn't mention it to anyone, and I'm sure he didn't either.