He looks at the small and crying family as he looks back at the woman, "Regardless, I need to kill, I need to satisfy the bloodlust within me, to satisfy my wolf. To smell the sweet yet iron scent of blood, the feeling of the warm red liquid in my hands as I end your life with a single clench of my hand around your neck with my claws. I was going to end your husband first since he was so determined to cross my land."

He looks at them with a sudden cynical glint, "But my wolf is angry and craving."

No. Please, don't hurt them. Please.

"And I guess, you will do!" He growled and drew back his claws, aiming for the woman's chest.

"No!!"

I couldn't stop myself from letting these words escape my mouth. My heart is beating as fast as I ever thought possible and I began to sweat.

Dimitri froze and turned to look at me with his blood-red eyes glowing. His eyes flickered to his natural hazel brown and he looked down, breathing heavily.

"Get out of here, Bexley. Now!" He didn't look at me but I saw he was losing his patience.

I stood my ground, "I'm not leaving until you let these people go." I crossed my arms over my chest and his head whipped to me and he growled, tugging at his hair.

"Do not be difficult for me right now, Bexley."

I scoffed, "I'm not being difficult. You are thinking with the most ignorant and violent part of your brain, and I hate it. You can't kill these people. That woman is carrying a baby, Dimitri. A baby. You can't possibly be that heartless. I know you kidnap and kill people but are you willing to end the life of an unborn, innocent baby?"

He looked down and walked towards the elderly man. He growled at him and when he raised his clawed hand, I thought he was going to kill him, but he didn't. He sliced at the chains with his claws and released the man, making me release the breath I was holding. Once he finished unchaining both women, he looked down.

"You have one minute to run as far from here as possible, you tell anyone where I am or any information on me or my location, I will personally slice you into little pieces and burn them. Do I make myself clear?" They all nodded vigorously.

The man was helped out by the woman and they went out as fast as they could. Before they went out the door I stopped them for a split second and spoke as quickly as possible.

"Walk down that hall and down the stairs to the left, it's the large brown and black double doors," I gave them a smile and the woman grabbed my face.

"Thank you, my child. Thank you."

The woman helped the man as they limped out as fast as they could.

I looked up towards Dimitri to see him looking at me with a look that made me feel weird and tingly.

He snapped out of his daze and rushed over to me with long strides. I backed up a little bit but was stopped when he harshly yanked me towards him with his arm and out the door.

"Where are you taking me?" His grip tightened so much that it hurt, "Ouch! Let go! You're hurting me!"

He leads me downstairs to another basement and into a dark, cold, and dirty room. He threw me on the floor and I fell on my bottom with a big 'oomf'. He grabbed onto something beside me and I saw it was a chain. He grabbed my leg with a burning grip and put on the chain, chaining me to the wall.

"Let's see if this will teach you to not get involved with my business and disobey my orders, cariño."

With that being said, he grabbed a cigarette from his pocket, lit it up with a small torch by the door, and just stood there for a while, staring at me.

He puffs it in and out, the smell of the smoke filling the air, but it smelled a bit odd. Not like a normal cigarette. 

I looked into his soulless eyes, "Is what you said true?"

He raises a brow as he puffs out the smoke from the cigarette, "I don't think you're in a position to ask questions, cariño."

"Why not? You told those people, why not me?" I tugged at the chain in annoyance.

He pushes his body off the wall he was leaning against, his black shirt's sleeves straining over his biceps. He walks two steps closer to me, "Those people, were going to die. Do you want to die, Bexley?"

I clear my throat and look away, turning my head to the side, "Not really, no."

He throws the cigarette to the ground and stomps on it with the bottom of his black boots, "Yeah, I thought so." He turns around, the sound of his footsteps retreating as he leaves. 

And I don't see him until the next day, my body cold and shivering. My stomach was growling and clenching at the lack of food, my throat scratchy and in need of water. As time passed, I felt my body completely shut down, and then, nothing