Bleed the love away

Start from the beginning

"Look, Lilly, it's not what you think―"

"It had better not be what I think." I cut him off.

"It's not," he continued, "Kinsley was assigned as my tutor, but I told her it's ok, I'll find someone else."

I saw Kinsley relax, and I wasn't all too sure if I bought his excuse, but since it looked like the only one I was going to get, I let it go.

"Guys, come on, we gotta go."

Jessy tugged on my sleeve. Jason looked over at her and she turned away to avoid his eyes. I didn't know why she didn't just forgive him and moved on like I did, but she insisted on keeping him at arm's length.

"Jess, can we talk, please?"

She kept her head turned away and proceeded to ignore him. I pinch her, causing her to turn and glare at me, but I didn't care. I wanted my two best friends to be best friends again.

"Talk to him." I pleaded.

"You might have forgiven him, but I'm still mad at him for what he said to me, so until I've gotten over it then I will talk to him."

She let go of my hand and started walking towards the exit. I became aware that once Killian saw Jessy without me, he'll get worried and come in to get me, and the last thing I wanted was for him to see me talking to Jason. There no telling what he might do to him.

"We've gotta go, Kins, you know how your brother gets."

She nodded and said goodbye to Jason.

"Don't worry about Jessy, she'll come around soon."

I didn't want him to feel like he's lost both of his best friends, I wished I could have stayed and talk to him longer, but I knew I couldn't risk it.

I turned to leave with Kinsley following behind me but stopped walking when Jason asked me a question I never thought that he'd ask me.

"Do you love him?"

My mouth opened to answer him but then closed again, I glanced nervously at the door, I knew I was running out of time. Kinsley saw my panic and decided to give me some help.

"You stay and talk, I'll handle my brother, but you've only got five minutes."

I nodded my thanks and she smiled and hurried out of the door. The hall was almost empty, so Jason and I had a lot of privacy. I wasn't too sure if I liked it, if Killian were to talk in, the scene would look too intimate.

"Do you love him, Lilly?"

I could lie to him, there no way he would have known the truth, but because he deserved it, I told him.

"Yes, I love him."

His face took on a hurt look before he schooled it. However, he looked at me like it was the first time he was seeing me like I was a stranger to him.

"How can you love him? How can you, after knowing what he did to Harvey and Leo? He killed them, Lilly!"

His voice rose at the last part and the few remaining students turned to look at us with curious gazes.

"You don't know that he did, there's no proof that it was him!"

I felt horrible for lying, but I couldn't have him going around telling people that Killian was responsible for Leo and Harvey's death.

"Stop lying to yourself, Lilly. You know as much as I do that he did it, and the only reason I haven't gone to the cops as yet is because of you. I just want to see you happy."