Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Cassandra I'm 15 years old and I'm an Orphan. 

Nothing too tough in my life. I have friends. I have a home. Kind of. It's an orphanage, but it provides for me so I guess it counts. But as for the bad parts of my life, here in the orphanage i was shot by a kidnapper trying to take my only friend at the time. I almost died. After that day everybody loved me. 

I'm pretty popular for an Orphan. But I'm not stuck up, I'm the opposite. I'm lucky to have my life here.

Speaking of being here, I'll tell you how I became an Orphan. 

My Dad fought in a war and died in Iraq. According to the letter my Mom left me with was that even as the 3 year old I was when she knew me, I looked and acted too much like him. So she sent me here across the world to the Doncaster Orphanage of girls.

She left me with only a picture of her, A picture of my dad, and letter telling me that she would come and get me the second I turn 15. 

I turned 15 7 months ago. I can't believe she didn't keep her promise about getting her own daughter back.

So before I even knew what I was doing I ripped the letter in half and flushed it down the toilet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5 minutes later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     After much crying and screaming I decided to sing the song I wrote about my mom or just relationships in general.

(Jar of Hearts by:Christina Perri)I strummed the first few parts of the song until I got to the best part.

Who do you think you are running around leaving scars,collecting your jar of hearts,and tearing love apart.I sang as loud as my lungs would let me.

This,my people,is one of my moments I have them a lot but this one was powerful.

But then I remembered it was adoption Saturday so I knew people could hear. Crap. I dropped the guitar and ran to go get ready, like nothing happened.