Chap 1 - My Stepbrother

My mother and I stood in front of the house door, waiting for someone to open. We both looked around, admiring the place. I sigh, looking down at my feets and finally wait for the door to open. I looked up and there he was. My mother's fiancé, or must I say, the guy who simply ruined my life. I kept a fake smile on, starring at him.

My eyes traced his tall slender figure, from his messy brown hair down to his worn combat boots two sizes too big. The closer he came, the better I could view him. His eyes warm, a range of soft colors. He looked a little like my beloved father. Remembering the memories, my heart began to race. I felt my mouth went dry and I couldn't move.

" Sweetheart.?" My mother whispered and I hesitated " Yes" I looked up at the finance and he had a wide smile.

" This must be the beautiful daughter Katerina," He said, I looked at him.

" Yes. I would prefer Kate. Nice to meet you...?" I said and a slight laugh escaped his lips.
" Luke Thompson" He took out his hand for me to shake and I smiled, as I shook it.

" Please come in." He stepped away and led us into his royal house.

I gasp from what I was seeing, I didn't take my eyes off this beautiful and big house. It was like a dream. I was officially going to be a rich kid, not that it's bad, but I hate the people will think differently of me now. Others always think just because you're rich, you're better and smarter than everyone and everything is simply so easy for you. Most people think, that you don't have the same obligations and decisions as a rich kid but that's just people's minds.

" Would you like anything Kate? Something to eat?" Luke asked, I shook my head. " I'm good, I think I'll just rest for now" I didn't really feel hungry or wasn't in the mood for food right now. The only thing I was craving, was a bed to sleep in.

" Sure, let me show you the bedroom you're staying in." He walked beside me and a direction to an elevator? Are you serious? I widen my eyes. I've never seen an elevator in a house.

" This is impressive" My mother comment, standing behind me and I nodded in agreement.

We all went inside the elevator. As we are ascending in the elevator, there was that sound. Clug clug clug . We are almost at the top like we were going to heaven.

We walked out of the elevator and arrived in a hallway. It was incredibly big. There were 4 to 5 doors in the hallway and we walked to the very last door and Luke stood in front of us, opening the door. It revealed my very own bedroom.

I glance through the door on my left where a quite spacious room folds out. The walls are white, along with the ceiling and the door to the walk-in closet. Light filters into the empty room from the large window facing the driveway below. A bench is built into the wall underneath the window but is dusty and dirty from not being used at all. The light above still hasn't been put in, and the tap of my feet bounce off the walls.  The bed is a very big queen sized bed. There was a bathroom in my bedroom and it was very big.

I looked around and widen my eyes from what I was seeing " Do you like it?" I hear Lukes voice behind me. I starred at him, not saying a word.

" If you don't we could just re" I interrupted " It's perfect. Thank you" I thank him and he smiled, taking my mom out of my room and probably showing her their bedroom.

I looked out the window and saw a really quiet neighborhood. There was no sound at all. This must be relaxing for them.

I walked into the bathroom and took off my clothes and opened my suitcase. I took out my comfy pajama pants and a white shirt. I took it on and took my computer from my bag.

I logged on Facebook and saw messages from my friends.

Matt: I miss teasing my babe. Please come back to me.;(

Malia: I miss you boo.

Matt is my best friend, has been since middle school. I always thought of him as my bigger brother. He's protective and a caring person. I don't know what I could've done without him, literally. He was there for me through it all. I didn't even have to ask him. He was always there. It broke my heart, when I found out, that I had to leave him all alone. My mother never liked Matt, but I never knew why. She never approved of him, especially since the incident with my dad.

I closed my computer, too tired to answer our look at a screen. Before I drifted to a nice, warm sleep, someone opened the door and came in. " What the fuck" I groaned, lifting my upper body up. There was a guy standing there, looking confused at me. I frowned. I Etched my eyes, thinking it was a dream, but wasn't. We stared at each other until he finally spoke.

" Who the heck are you?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Yes. This was the chapter that I changed a little too. I think it's better than the previous one, hope you think so too. Byeee