Chapter 3

Jebrin above

********
As soon as I went to my living room after my interesting drive home with Julian, I greeted my dad. My mother was still at work. I found my dad lounging lazily on the couch and watching reruns of friends.

"Did you cook dinner? I'm starving." I said clapping him on the back. He jumped in surprise.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack! And hello to you too, son." He said in fake anger.

"Don't go dying on me yet, old man." I joked and slumped down next to him the smile from a few minutes prior never leaving my face.

My father glanced at me suspiciously noticing my happiness. "What's got you so happy?" He asked facing me.

"Only the hottest boy on the entire planet." I answered honestly. Unlike most people, my dad was completely fine with me being gay. He was pleasantly surprised when finding out about my sexuality. Upon me coming out on my 14th birthday he actually said, "Thank god. You scared me, I thought you were going to tell me that you got somebody knocked up. Now I see its quite the opposite, good for you son. Its no big deal." To say I was angry would be an understatement. I had actually wanted him to make it a big fuss and to have everything become dramatic like a teen movie.

Of course thinking back on it now I am extremely grateful for my dad's acceptance but back then I was a little diva. Now I'm just a socially awkward loser. Talk about change.

"What's the unlucky guy's name?" My dad teased jokingly. I playfully hit his arm, feigning hurt.

"Lucky, you mean. And his name is Julian and he is super hot. He actually gave me a ride home and he invited me to go to a concert with him this Monday!" I squealed.

"Calm down, son. And I want to meet this boy before the concert. Make sure he knows what he's getting himself into." He laughed.

"Dad. No. Just no. You're gonna embarrass me, it's too early for him to meet you. We aren't even engaged yet!" If my dad met Julian he would surely scare him off, and don't even get me started on my mother. She would cook a thousand meals for him and practically worship the ground he walked on! I could sort of deal with my father but my mother was a whole different story! She always gushed about wanting me to find a boyfriend. After seeing how attractive Julian was she would probably brag to all of her co-workers about how her son finally snagged a hot guy- even though we aren't dating and he's straight.

That fact that he was straight killed my mood instantly. Woah. Its not like I liked him already. I only met him today!

My dads response snapped me out of my depressing thoughts. "Knowing you, you will probably be engaged by the end of the week." He joked.

"I hate you."

"Yeah, yeah. No go eat dinner before it gets cold. I made lasagna." He answered nonchalantly whilst gesturing to the kitchen.

"You made lasagna. Scratch that, I love you." I planted a wet kiss on his cheek, successfully catching him off guard.

He glared at me and chuckled at the same time, then wiped my spit off of his cheek. I replied with a cheeky smile and raced to the kitchen to meet my one true love. Food.

After scarfing down all of my food in an alarming 10 minutes, I made my way up to my bedroom and almost had a heart attack when I noticed my best friend Zander sitting cross legged on my floor playing call of duty. I clutched a hand to my chest and fell against the door in alarm.

"Dude what the hell, you almost gave me a heart attack. Why didn't you text me you were here?" I asked whilst trying to catch my breath.

"Shut up. I need to focus. These zombies are coming from every direction. Plus I texted you idiot and you don't reply so I did what any sensible best friend would do and showed up to your house anyway." He replied with a shrug, his eyes never leaving my flat screen TV. Yup, 52 inch plasma screen TV. It was my literal pride and joy.

"Dude you did not text m-" I countered browsing through my phone, and sure enough the asshole did text me.

"Ha! I did text you. It feels great being right for once- dammit I need to be revived! Thanks a lot for distracting me asshole! I was almost past our high score! Dude, I seriously hate you." He pouted and crossed his arms over his chest stubbornly. His bottom lip was jutted out letting me know that he expected an apology.

"You know you love me babe." I winked.

"Fuck you. I'm eating more lasagna and going home. Now I don't feel bad about eating your candy stash, babe."

"My Darling candy! How dare you, you...you..imbecile!" I replied half joking half serious. Nobody touches my candy! "Leave my boundaries you mortal!" I cried in a mock British accent.

"I will.. But not before I take some leftovers. Your dad's lasagna is delicious unlike my mom's burnt cooking." He said then playfully kissed my forehead.

"Ugh. Just leave and I'm gonna log onto your league of legends account and ruin your rep!" I teased. Lord knows I would never do that. Zander had a high rep on there and his characters level was pretty darn high. Higher than mine of course.

"You're bluffing you don't even know my password!" He tried to play it off like he knew I was joking but the paleness of his face was telling me otherwise. I wasn't done messing with Jim yet.

"Oh really, beyonceplsmarryme123 doesn't ring a bell?" I asked with an evil smirk. Zander was completely smitten with Beyonce, it was no surprise that his password had something to do with her. Even I, a gay guy, could see that she was an insanely attractive woman.

His face completely paled upon my words. "I'LL BUY YOU A WHOLE NEW JAR OF CANDY ANYTHING YOU WANT! JUST DON'T RUIN MY POOR ACCOUNT, IT DID NOTHING!" I laughed at his dramatics and accepted his offer.

"Fine." I shrugged. "I want every kind of twizzler known to man! Goodbye Zanny baby!" I kissed his cheek triumphantly.

"You're a dick, I hate you!" He hastily rubbed his cheek of my spit, hmm second person today.

He flipped me off before leaving my room. A few minutes later I heard his car pull out of driveway. I decided to take a shower and call it an early night. After about a half an hour in the shower I headed to my bedroom which my own personal bathroom was connected to. Before I headed off to bed I heard my phone chime. Who texted me? I had like no friends. I quickly changed into my pajama bottoms and threw on a blue mickey mouse graphic T-shirt and went to check my phone. The text was simple but made my heart feel heavy. It was from Julian. It read:

I was listening to the neighbourhood and I thought about you -J

A smile graced my lips as I read the text over again just to make sure I read it right and it wouldn't disappear. Why would he be thinking about me? I sure was thinking about him when I showered. Ahem. But that's a whole other story. Wink wink.
He was just that damn hot! I bit my lip before replying.

Oh. I guess I should feel special? BTW I'm super pumped about the concert Monday! I reread the text to make sure it sounded good enough before sending it.

His reply was almost immediate.

You should feel special. ;) and so am I! I'm sorry I gotta go, my mother is lecturing me to stop using my phone all the time. Curse that woman, depriving me of my teenage needs! Goodngiht Jebrin.

A few second later he sent another text.

Goodnight* shit.

I let out a soft laugh at that before replying. Goodnight Jules.

******

Hey! How was this chapter? I feel like it wasn't that good but eh. What do you think of Zander? Jeb's father? Give me some feedback! Until next time lovely people √