The beats

"the boys and girls watch each other eat, when they rally just wanna watch each other sleep."

-Dance anthem of the 80s by regina spektor

So hi to you who is reading this, please do COMMENT on the story after reading it and tell me how was it, i really need to have peoples OPINION to make my writing skill better or if i need to STOP writing and stick to reading okay :D and please VOTE if you think its awesome and SPREAD the story if you like thanks.

*update will NOT be on a frequente basis but i will try my best to make them frequent, and i proof read all my works before posting them and have  wonder ful day or evening! ciao :o

The beats

Jade's P.O.V

Limón Institute, one of the well known dance schools in the big apple, where I, Jade Holmes, currently am studying the arts and forms of dance and music. 

A true protégé, that was what my mamita would always call me ever since I was five, because the moment music hits my ears  both arms and legs would try to move along in a crazy, frantic, adorable, child like manner, is what she would always tell me. And I know she is smiling right now in heaven seeing me following the dreams we both made, to be a world known dancer.  Too bad mamita didn’t stay long enough to see me being accepted to the school she liked to go when she was young.

My whole attention was fully captured by the contemporary art which is at the top of my “to master” form of dances followed by ballet and so on so. Music is the next to my beloved dance.

Or the equal I could say, for no dance can exist without the music to which it forms an allegory of sort. And so with all that said, anti-folk genres are my favorite songs to dance to. Something about them just makes me move so purely by the notes and the meaning behind the words.

 The first time you listen to it, you would think you’d understand the whole song completely, But the more you listen despite the “up-beat like tune”, you would then realize that it conveys a message more different, and bigger than the first conclusion you have of the tale it tells.

And so as I sat in one of the benches, on our schools seemingly long white hallways with hanging artistic lights, listening to the song, Dance anthem of the 80’s by Regina Spektor. The song I would be presenting for the practical performance exam, which we will be having in about 30 minutes from now. And to say that I am afraid is an understatement. 

Not because I’m about to dance in front of the schools most meanest critique or that half the school will be watching as I dance, no I’m afraid that is not the reason, dancing in front of many people is something I am pretty much use to right now, As I have been dancing in front of many audience almost all my life.

But because of one particular person, and that someone unfortunately shares this examination with me. Because aside from Limón Institute being home to dance students. It too is home to one of the biggest player ever in the straight and gay community in this school and local area.

Ladies and gentlemen please well come, James Inker, “the bad boy”, who loves to play on both boys and girls of this prestigious school. And just like that he walks through the entrance, shining in all his bad-boy glory.

 Who if I may describe is a tall, sex on legs man. And if what the rumors around campus are true he has that big bat to hit any piñata he would want and some other people may even ask him to do it.