Chapter 5. Hot Mess

Start from the beginning

She rose an eyebrow, "Okay, but you didn't have to follow me into my room."

"Yeah-- I don't have an answer for that, we can leave..." Stiles replied awkwardly as he turned on his heel to leave, but I wasn't going to leave yet.

I sighed, "Alright, I still don't know what the hell is going on between you and me Lydia, but there is some sort of connection. And that connection is telling me that when you found that body, you weren't really supposed to be at the pool."

Her facial expression morphed from irritated to confused quickly, "How did you...?"

"I don't know. I can feel it, Lydia. I can literally feel the confusion that you felt. I can see the fake dummy floating in the water. I can see you crouching by the poolside with your hands covered in blood. I can hear you screaming loudly because you don't know what the hell is going on. It's like I have all of these memories from something I didn't even live." I exhaled as I ran my hands through my hair. The second that Lydia started talking about how she wanted to go home while we were at the pool, all of this just flooded my brain.

She nodded, "That all happened... I didn't even know where I was until I got out of the car."

Stiles glanced between the two of us in confusion, "But the last time anything like this happened between you two was with..."

"Derek's uncle," Lydia responded in confusion.

My boyfriend froze in place as he locked his gaze on me, "Peter."

My head was swimming with all of the new information that has recently been dumped in my lap in the past hour. Apparently something was happening, something that wasn't just random killings from Boyd and Cora. Why else would Lydia and I be having this weird creepy connection thing again?

Stiles knew that something was up, which is why he was pacing around in his bedroom anxiously. He wanted to go to the hospital to see the body of the boy Lydia found at the pool, but he was so stressed out whilst driving he nearly went off the road twice, so I made him drive to one of our houses so he could collect his thoughts and not kill us. I don't think we are at the weird stage of not speaking to each other because of the whole Admonere thing, now we are back to the position of him not knowing what is happening with me and he starts to literally panic.

It makes my heart swell that he cares so much about me, but on the other hand it gives me a headache that he stresses like this. I don't want him to feel the need to have to know everything that is going on with me, sometimes it's okay to not know. I guess he still feels partly responsible for why I even am what I am, because of the night I got bit. Deaton didn't say that if I hadn't of been bit then I wouldn't be able to do the things I do, but he implied it pretty freaking clearly. And it's not Stiles' fault that I was bit, it was Peter's. Peter was the one who did it, not Stiles.

"Stiles... do you want to talk about it?" I asked hesitantly, the last time I tried to talk to him when he looked this stressed out was at the beginning of the summer. Back when Gerard had taken him and had him beaten, and he flipped out and shouted at me. I'm not in the mood to be shouted at, simply because I have one of those pestering headaches forming again.

At the sound of my voice he jumped slightly, obviously he had forgotten I had been sitting here, but he didn't answer me. Instead he shook his head from side to side and continued to pace. Have you ever actually watched someone pace around? It's so freaking nerve racking, because you literally can't make them stop and you just have to sit there and let them work through whatever is going through their mind at the moment.

I let out a sigh and stood up, briskly walking towards my anxiety driven boyfriend. When I stood right in front of him he went to move around me, but I grabbed his forearm to hold him in place. He snapped his head to the side to glower at me, but I wasn't in the mood for this. If I've learned anything from what has happened to our lives, it's that we have to talk about our problems because if we don't they will literally eat us alive. "Fine, if you don't want to talk right now-- I will."

"You don't understand what the hell is going on, Stiles. And that's okay, to be fair no one really has any freaking clue what is going on. This--" I gestured to myself with the hand that wasn't gripping onto his arm forcefully, "is not your problem. I am not your problem. So don't go and act like this and shut me out because you're confused and scared. That won't help the situation. Don't you think that I'm scared and confused? I'm freaking terrified! But I don't act like this around you because I don't want to stress you out, okay? So just calm down and talk about this with me, rather than try to figure it out on your own." My voice was wavering from angry to confused to concerned, it was all over the place. I'm all over the place.

His glare softened as he let out a shaky breath, "I don't know what else to do... I have to do something, Kasey. I can't do the things that Scott can, alright? I can't help you in the ways that you need to be helped. I'm trying my best to get some sort of idea of what is going on so I can assure you that you'll be okay, and I can't even do that!"

"That's okay! I don't want you to help me like that Stiles! I don't need you to know every last detail about me, alright? I just need you to be here for me when I'm scared, or when I feel like I have nothing else to even fight for. I need you to hold me when I start crying, or to kiss me when I feel alone. I need you to just be here with me. That's all." I breathed out in exhaustion. It's only been one day of this craziness coming back into our lives and I'm already done.

Stiles sighed as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and held me tightly, "I can do that." He mumbled, honesty and promise laced his words.

I know he can do it. He's been doing it since we were six years old. He's always been there when I needed him to be, he's always been able to make me laugh when I'm upset, or smile through my tears. He's literally been my rock for the past ten years and I can't ever thank him enough for that. Right next to Scott and my mom, he is the most important person in my life. It's silly to think that it took me nearly eleven years to finally realize it, but I'm glad that I did. I'm glad that I finally woke up and caught sight of how amazing he truly is. I don't know what my life would be like right now if I didn't have him. Honestly, I don't think I would still even be alive if it weren't for him.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you like that..." I muttered as I wrapped my arms around his mid-section, pressing my face into the soft fabric of his t-shirt and closing my eyes. He was so warm. I've never felt as safe in my life as I do whenever he holds me like this. He doesn't have to be like Scott and have supernatural abilities. He doesn't have to be like Deaton and know everything. He just has to be Stiles. That's it.

He chuckled quietly, "It's okay... I guess I kind of deserved it for how I've been acting tonight."

"Yeah, you really do need to get your shit together, Stilinski." I teased as I glanced up at him, his brown eyes were practically shining in amusement as a small smirk tugged at the corners of his heavenly lips.

"Oh, do I? Why is that?" He asked through his laugh, his glorious laugh that is so contagious it caused a laugh to bubble up inside of me as well.

"You're just a hot mess."

He nodded, "Oh, I'm definitely hot."

"Oh shut up and kiss me already," I muttered as I wrapped my arm around the base of his neck so I could tug his lips down to meet mine once again.

___________________________________________________________________________

Well this chapter isn't all that great, sorry. I've been so busy the past few weeks and I really hope that my schedule will clear up after Hell Week (A.K.A. Homecoming week). I'm working on the float this year, taking pictures of the parade, dance, and game for Yearbook, and I'm working on the newspaper as well. I've just been so busy with all of that and Homecoming week doesn't even start for like another 16 days. My head hurts just thinking about it.

Anyway, Stiles wasn't really in this half of the episode all that much so that's why it was so short and I added that major fluffy scene at the end. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, even though it was not my best... sigh.

Be sure to fan if you haven't already, vote and then comment! xx