Chapter 8

Lilly POV

I stepped out of the darkness and found myself on the other side of the city. The robots quickly surrounded me and I had to move fast to counter their attacks. My body quickly shifted in to that of a wolf. My fangs hits the metal bodies, piercing them and cutting their circuits. All too soon my body wore out and a pain I was unfamiliar with broke out below my stomach. My eyes widen in panic and I fell to the ground unable to move. My body was slowly being paralysed, starting at my legs.

" Isn't it amazing how science can completely counteract your enhancements? You know, that wouldn't have worked if you were in human form."

With the little strength I had left I whipped my head around to find Ultrons red eyes staring in to mine. He laughed as he looked at my half transformed body, the medication or whatever he had injected me with was sucking everything from me. I was nearly all human now but the damage was done, my entire body was paralysed except for my head, which i could feel myself losing control over. All I could was watch as Ultron walked away and left me here. The moment before blacking out i opened my mouth, intent on doing something to save me.

" PIETRO "

My voice screamed through the air, so loud and horrifying that the battle nearly seemed quiet. A pain ripped over my body unlike any I had experienced before. i opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out, and nothing ever would.

3rd person

"PIETRO"

A pain filled scream ripped through the air making pietro turn his head trying to find the source. His head hammered and his heart broke at the noise. He took off, completely ignoring whatever anyone else was saying, he had to find Lilly. His Lilly. He didn't care what others thought, he could never make himself think of her as a sister. It didn't matter if she didn't feel the same way, he would always love her.

Tony's panicked voice filled the avengers heads through their pieces. 

"What's happening? Was I the only one who heard that? "

However Pietro never had time to answer. He soon found Lilly Stark lying on the ground. Her skin was pale and she looked like she had shifted and couldn't change back. Her skin was pale and her hair was thicker and longer than it really was. Her eyes were closed so he couldn't see them, but he was sure they were some kind of bizarre colour. her veins were bold, a dark blue colour, nearly black, making it look like ink ran through her veins. Her nails were long, dark and sharp, no doubt claws or talons of some sort. Blood trickled down her chin from a mark made by fangs biting in to her lip.

He felt his heart break in two as he ran to the pale girl. the only girl he had ever loved and ever could love. He moved his warm hands to her ice cold wrists searching for a pulse. Anything to indicate there was any life left at all in Lilly Stark. A small pulse reached his fingertips and he smiled, for he saw a small sliver of hope.

" I found her. She's pale and I think she's dying. Something made her black out while she was transformed. I think the more human she becomes, the further she slips from the life. "

Pietro's voice sounded through the earpieces.

" Stay with her, at the end of the final fight we will call for you"

Pietro nodded and sat with his love, clutching her hand like he was her lifeline, or she was his. On the other side of the small city Tony Stark made his way to the center for the final battle, but he couldn't focus. All of his thoughts were clouded by his dying daughter who lay somewhere on the island but Tony knew what he had to do, and he would do whatever he could to make sure that his daughter and himself made it back.