Cold Bodies

HEY IT'S LUNA! I HAD FUN WRITING THIS PART! WAS BLASTING 'BITE MY TONGUE' BY YOU ME AT SIX!
__________________________
"What was that about?" Charlie huffed pushing me toward the parking lot. School was over and today was Wednesday. Every Wednesday we go get ice cream after school at a tiny place called 'Cold Bodies'. We always asked the owner how he came up with the name but he never tells us. There's a rumor around town that its called 'Cold Bodies' because he keeps the people he kills in the freezer in the back of the parlor. We knew that wasn't true. We knew Sam really well and he would never kill someone but it was an interesting rumor. There's also a rumor that Sam himself started the rumor in the first place.
"Nothing important." I growled hopping into his burnt orange mustang. The car reeked of cinnamon, Charlie's signature scent. Pulling out my sunglasses from the console I placed them over my eyes so Charlie couldn't see the anger in them. Accepting my answer as the only comment on the subject he handed me a handful of CD cases. "Okay, DJ get to work."
Picking out my favorite One Republic CD I put on 'Something I Need'.
Charlie sang along, very off key I must add. The ride to Cold Bodies was relaxing. I got over my anger and calmed down enough to think clearly. Once I could think straight a question struck me. How did Emma know I knew Luka or that I would be with him to give him the message?
God, damn it! Why is everything so damn confusing?! When I slammed the car door shut and ripped my sunglasses off my face Charlie flinched. I didn't want to explain my aggressive actions to him so I simply stomped into Cold Bodies without a word. All the unanswered questions added onto the fire burning within me. My scared heart screamed for help but my pride put it on mute so no one could hear its plead.
"The usual." I spoke between deep breaths. Sam nodded seeing my obvious rage.
"It's on the house today, darling." His friendly smile was sympathetic, he knew something extreme must have happened to get me so worked up. Managing a nod I sat at the closest booth. Angry tears burned my eyes.
"Baby girl?" Charlie slid into the booth wrapping his arms around my neck pressing me against his chest. I melted in his warm embrace letting the tears fall and my rage roll like stream off of me. Charlie is my best friend, I tell him everything, but I can't tell him this. I can't tell him about werewolf Luka and the chaos he brought with him. This made me feel alone and scared.
"Oh, Charlie!" My fist gripped his shirt desperately, as if he would run away at any second. I need him close to me, I need his warmth, his confidants, his kindness. I was vulnerable and he made me strong. He has always been there for me ever since fourth grade when he saved me from bullies. He stood up for me and protected me like family. He was my family even if we weren't blood related. He would always be there for me.
"You don't have to tell me, baby. Just relax, I won't let anything happen to you." He whispers in my ear cradling me in his arms. I felt his strength being absorbed by my soul.
I had to be alright, I had to come out of this alive. No, I WILL be alright, and I WILL come out of this alive.
Pulling back I smiled up at my best friend.
"Nice to have you back, Celia." His lips pressed to my forehead. The wolves that wanted to kill me, the mind crushing unanswered questions, the scary automatic acceptance of Luka, Emma's message and hidden treat, it all felt so little now, like it was nothing I couldn't handle.