For Tomoe's sake, I hope she returns soon. He can't live without her and that is a fact.

~*~

"Lady Kasumi!" one of my brother's fox fires appeared in front of me, "we have found Lady Nanami. She is currently heading towards the shrine! Master Tomoe has already been informed."

I sighed in relief. Thank god. I nodded in acknowledgement before taking off, back to the shrine. My eyes widened as it came closer. The miasma has gotten thicker! How? It wasn't this bad before! The air was completely filled with the black toxic miasma. I glanced behind me, towards the town. If it reached the town, it would be absolute chaos!

I spotted Mizuki and Tomoe already there, staring at something in shock. Why the hell are they just standing around!?

I followed their gaze and I understood why. There was Nanami, dressed beautifully in a flower patterned kimono. She danced gracefully in front of the monster that controlled the miasma, repelling it with her bell. I watched in awe, never seeing anything with such grace. She really has grown into a decent god. Butterflies fluttered around her, like she was being protected by Mikage. I knew at this very moment he was watching her, watching the person he chose for Tomoe to love. And I couldn't help but to love his choice. Nanami is perfect.

But then.. she tripped. I face palmed. Of course she tripped! She's Nanami! The monster reached out towards her but before it could touch her, Tomoe leaped in the way, holding its claws back.

"Nanami," Tomoe said her name before leaning towards her hand, kissing it softly. "You are the girl I have recognized as my lady and mistress. You have nothing to fear."

I smiled. My brother is falling in love with Nanami. He deserves to be happy. Love is something that can fulfill the darkness in one's heart.

Nanami continued her kagura dance and before long, the monster was annihilated. She collapsed to the ground, panting in exhaustion. Tomoe rushed to her side asking if she was alright. She grinned happily, "I did it. I did it, Tomoe."

My brother embraced her tightly, "yes, you did, Nanami."

I turned around and walked off, giving them their moment. Kurama should be home by now, his concert finished. I looked up into the clear sky, recalling today's event with a smirk on my face. Tomoe... Nanami...

Love is truly a funny thing.

~*~

Even though today's events were pretty hectic, Nanami and Tomoe decided to still host the festival at the shrine. They wanted more visitors at their shrine hence why a festival is taking place.

With Kurama's hand laced with mine, we walked up the stairs, towards the festival. I could already hear the loud excited chatter and up beat music taking place.

"This is going to be fun," I cheered, spotting the sake and alcohol right away.

Kurama scoffed, a playful look on his face, "please, by the time it's over, I'm going to be dragging your drunk body home."

"Drink with me then!" I grinned. He laughed and shook his head, "someone has to make sure you don't go wild tonight."

I pouted and stuck my tongue out, "party pooper."

Feeling someone staring at me, I turned around. My eyes widened as I saw Ookuninushi, staring at me with his enchanting green eyes. He wore a kimono and he was the spitting image of what I saw in my dream. Seeing me, he waved. I blinked and he was gone. Vanished. Disappeared.

"I'm going to get us some food, okay? I'll be back," Kurama said, planting a quick kiss on my forehead then disappearing into the sea of people.

I glanced back towards the spot I had saw Ookuninushi. Then, I started walking towards the spot, trying to find him. I looked around but saw no one. I frowned. Where did he go?

"Boo."

I jumped as someone whispered in my ear. Instinctively, a flame appeared in my hand before I threw it at the person who frightened me.

"Hot! Hot! Hot!" the flame caught fire on Ookuninushi's kimono but he waved his hand over the flame, making it disperse.

I cautiously took steps back, remembering what Tomoe had told me. He's an elite god who gets everything he wants. He was especially fond of female yokai. And of course, I just had to be a beautiful, amazing, talented, awesome, breathtaking yokai he wanted to have. I looked around but saw that we were alone, everyone was near the shrine, watching Nanami's kagura dance. Kurama was nowhere in sight as well, leaving me completely alone. Well, shit...

"You look lovely this evening, my precious Hōseki," he smiled.

I turned around and made a run for it. I hadn't made five steps before he appeared in front of me, blocking my path.

He smirked, "and where are you going?"

"Move," I sneered and tried to walk around him.

"I don't think so."

He reached out and placed his index finger over my forehead. As soon as his skin made contact with mine, a wave of sleepiness hit me hard, making me fall over. Ookuninushi caught me before I fell, holding me in his arms.

I tried to scream but he covered my mouth. Black dots filled my line of vision, the darkness wanting to yank me away. What did he do to me?

"Goodnight, my Hōseki."

That was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

Vote, Comment, Fan :)