Chapter One

The sounds of screams were terrifying and frantic. They engulfed me, suffocating me, making me run my fingers through my hair like some mad women.

"Please try and remain calm-" the flight attendant voice cracked up before continuing. "Put your oxygen masks on and try to remain calm!" She stressed through the intercom.

My heart was beating frantically in my chest pounding against my ribcage feeling as if it was about to pop out. The organ beating as if it was dancing to an un-even melody. My breaths were coming out in gasps as if I had been crying for hours and I was trying to catch it, only it was a continuous cycle of gasping and never catching. I looked around me trying to comprehend the situation displayed. To the left of me was a women gripping her oxygen mask to her face so tightly her knuckles were turning white, both her eyes shut tight, and her torso bent towards her knees rocking back and forth. Beside her a man passed out, his body limp as the force of the gravity moved him as it wished. Diagonal a women was screaming her head off yelling curses with tears streaming down her face. The plane was making unpredictable sudden movements jerking us around. One big jerk and I felt myself get flung forward against the seat in front of me causing me to smack my head against the miniature TV. There was absolutely no way I staying calm in this kind of situation.

Being the idiot I am I reached down with shaking hands and unhooked the seatbelt around my waist and with all my effort stood up with wobbly knees throwing the oxygen mask away from my mouth and leaving it to hang in the air alone. I was immediately bombarded with additional screams from people telling me to sit down as I clumsily continued down the aisle. The plane took a huge dip causing me to fall forward landing on the wheel of a bag making me scream out in pain. Pain exploded in my ribs and I was lost at breath with tears burning in my eyes.

Not once in my life had I ever thought of dying from a plane.

Never.

Now here I was; laying helplessly on the plane floor, without an oxygen mask and with broken ribs that were making movement very hard. Why me? I thought to myself grinding my teeth through the pain as I refocused my attention to continuing down the aisle. As I pulled myself up with the support from suitcases, bags, and arm rests around me I noticed that there was no one making any effort to off the plane. Instead everyone sat in their seats with their oxygen masks glued to their faces as if that was going to save them. There was absolutely no way I was going to be like those people and just sit there and die. I was at least going to try and save myself before accepting my fate on this plane.

The plane was huge. You know one of those international planes with the TV's attached to every single chair, three rows, and two feet of leg room for each passenger. To find an escape route I would have to travel all the way down to the front of the plane because the closest emergency exit was blocked by people glued to their seats. I needed to travel all the way down with the time I had left.

How much longer did I have left?

The thought struck me keeping my breath from coming out. I felt my heart momentarily stop and I swear the world around me froze. It was such an odd feeling discussing your death when It could be minutes away. The plane was jerking and I could feel it descending closer to whatever was laid below. If I only had five minutes to get to the door of the plane, then I better start moving fast. Or what if I only had a minute- or a few? Then I have wasted my entire time sitting here figuring that out.

My life was in my hands and I had to move quickly.

Blinking the tears back and swallowing them down for later (if there was a later, I mentally noted) I determinedly moved down the aisle. I felt fingers and hands touch me, grab me, determined to get me to sit down but I wasn't interested. I had to get off this plane. It felt as if the plane was spinning, twirling, falling towards the ground below...