Wait...

You missed Chara?

Yes, in fact you did. You didn't expect yourself too, but you did. You kept calling out their name, over... and over... and over. 

But nobody came.

You didn't give up, you kept calling and calling for them, until you could almost feel yourself choking on their name, tears threatening to escape your eyes. "It's me (Y/N)...", you whispered. You hoped they would have appeared as you said that, but they didn't. You almost fell to the ground of exhaustion, but that's when something in the distance caught your attention. It looked like a pair of eyes with a bright shade of red. That's when you knew, that must be Chara. But they didn't move closer. 

"Chara, it's me (Y/N)!", you whispered rather loudly. That's when the figure stepped forward into the dim moonlight, and to your relief it was Chara. You sighed to yourself. "Oh thank goodness you're okay! I was worried sick about you!", you said as you took a few steps closer. Chara stayed put, and eyed you carefully. "What happened to you? What's going on, why are there humans examining this place?" You stopped in your tracks as they spoke in a serious tone. "Humans, and I guess some Monsters, have decided to completely lock down the Underground so no one can come in or out." Worry was all that could be heard in your voice. This surprised Chara slightly, but they decided to ignore that fact.

"All entrances and exists will be blocked tomorrow night, and humans have been checking for anyone who was still here or anything suspicious.", you stated sadly. From the look on Chara's face you could tell they were thinking. "I was thinking maybe you could come to the surface...B-But not-!" "Don't even think that I'll ever set foot on humanity's stupid world!", they interrupted in a harsh tone. "I-I know you don't want to, but please just listen! I won't be able to visit you anymore once the Underground is blocked. You coming to the Surface is the only way we'll be able to talk again! Chara you don't have to be around humans or anything; you can stay where I live. My guardians aren't always there so everything will be okay! Please just trust me...", you said.

Chara stared at you in disbelief. Your eyes locked together, and you were surprised to see a look of... hurt  in their eyes? They looked away in confusion. You knew this didn't seem easy to them, but you really hoped they would accept your advice. After what seemed like forever to you, they sighed and looked back at your form. "I'll let you know my answer tomorrow sunset." Your heart skipped a beat. How would you sneak into the Underground again in broad daylight?

"But I-" "Either you hear it tomorrow or not at all." Their sudden interruption surprised you a little, but you brushed it off and nodded. They faded away from your view whilst still looking at you. You sighed turning around and walked back outside. 

You were so relieved and glad to know that Chara was okay. Sneaking in here tomorrow will probably be a hassle, but hopefully Chara will decide to come with you. They had to. You're all they had...right?

-

The next day at a little later than sunset, you were climbing the side of the mountain once again. Luckily, this side was unguarded so you knew you'd be okay. You and Frisk hoped with all you heart and soul that Chara had decided to come with you. The plan was as soon as you and Chara left the Underground, Frisk would sneak in and bring Flowey to the Surface too. Stumbling upon the cliff side, you pushed yourself upwards and walked into the Underground cavern, trying your best to avoid the camera.