Life Goes On

It had been six months since Kakashi had taken home the boys. Kakashi was exhausted. He didn't know how he kept going. Being a single father was exhausting and on top of that the job was never done. Right now the boys were on different schedules. He didn't know how, but some how the two kids decided that they were going to sleep and be awake at different times. This means Kakashi for around seven days now had been running on thirty minute naps two times a day where the boys schedules overlapped for sleeping. It was ridiculous and Kakashi had tried all the methods Tsunade had recommended to get them on the same schedule, but nothing worked. Kakashi's head hit the pillow at the end of day seven taking his thirty minute nap before getting up to get Ren. 

Ren was the quieter of the two babies. Oko could cry for days and then some. Ren never woke up Kakashi crying, but he knew the baby's schedule so if he didn't go get Ren out of their room then Ren would wake up Oko and commence the crying for days. Walking into the room there the baby was staring at him wide eyed like he was waiting for his father to show up. Kakashi picked up the baby cradling him close to his body smiling under his mask. He looked up at the time and saw the clock read ten at night. Kakashi's smile grew a little realizing it was time yet again for their twice daily ritual. He went over to Oko's crib and picked up the baby slipping  him into his baby carriage without disturbing the him. He kept Ren in his arm as he walked them over to the door slipping on his shoes before walking out with them. 

Walking through the town at night was soothing to the boys and Kakashi. Ren always looked up at the sky as if he was studying the skies and Oko thank goodness remained silent in the carriage as he navigated his was through the streets. There weren't many people in the town streets by this time, but occasionally Kakashi would get stopped by another Jonin that he would knew and they would hold the baby then be on their way. Today the streets were barren and the town was eerily quite. They made the final turn before seeing their destination and walking through the front doors. He remembered years ago when a certain pink haired pupil volunteered her time everywhere in the hospital including the front desk where he could almost see her turning around smiling at him. Instead a nurse just nodded to him as he made his way to the room he memorized by heart. 

Room 217 waited for them. They stood outside of the door knowing what waited in the room. Ren squirming brought Kakashi back to reality. He smiled softly at the boy stroking his head and kissing his forehead. He pushed open the door pushing in Oko's carriage and parking it next to the bed and chair. There in the moon light bathed across her porcelain skin and he slightly faded pink hair that was now reaching almost down to her waist. Kakashi didn't want anyone to cut it yet in case she wanted to grow it back out. Also secretly he thought she looked more mature with longer hair. He took his seat near the bed in the chair holding Ren in one hand and taking her hand in the other. He smiled down at her. He brought her hand up to his face kissing it through his mask whispering into it. 

"Good evening Sakura. How has your day been?" Ren squirmed in his arms knowing what time it was. Kakashi moved Sakura's arm so there was enough room to place the squirming baby in his arms. He saw Ren grab onto his mother's night gown as he stared at her body as if waiting for her to react to his touch. Kakashi ran his hand over Sakura's head down her hair smiling at the woman he loved. His other hand on her wrist taking her pulse. He always was taking her vital signs making sure that her body was still working at keeping her alive. Waiting for her to wake up was now months drawn out to what feels like years to Kakashi. 

Every morning and evening he would visit the love of his life. In the morning Oko got to lay with his mother, and the night owl that was Ren got her in the evening. This constant cycle had started the morning Kakashi took the boys home. Everyday. Until she woke up he would be here. During the afternoons while Kakashi was taking care of the kids both her parents would be here and Tsunade would come visit. Naruto would come on days when he wasn't away on a mission. At least once a week he would come over to their home and play with the kids during the afternoon until he got tired himself. This always gave Kakashi a break that was much appreciated. Tsunade visited the kids occasionally if she could. Mainly she would visit Sakura checking her status and trying different things to bring her back to her children. Sakura's parents often took the children for one day a month and would bring them back in the evening. With their new schedule he would probably recommend that they stay in the house. This also gave Kakashi a break in which he often came to room 217 and spent the day with the woman he loved.