Chapter One

Hi everyone! So this is my very first book. Just something I thought of and thought I'd share it with you guys. Hope you enjoy! Comment if you like? hate? It's okay I take criticism well! (:                           There is Kalana at the side!  >

 Chapter One

I stared out the airplane window, wondering how I ended up flying to some woman I never met before and I had to live with her. That means moving away from everything that reminded me of them. Does god not love me anymore? My life was going so well, I had wonderful caring parents, dependable friends and not to mention a boy I thought was going to ask me to the school dance! Now I am moving away from everything I cared for, goodbye Louisiana and hello California!

Well I guess that was rude of me, I shall introduce myself. My name is Kalana Carter, I am sixteen years old and I'm moving away from all of my memories. I know you're probably wondering why would I be moving to some place I've never been to and why did I have to move in with some lady I have never known? Well you see my parents died recently in a car "accident". I really don't believe it was an accident as you can see. Now according to my parents will, I am to move in with my mother's best friend, Sally Redford. I'm not exactly sure if she has kids or not but she is going to wait for me at the airport. I really hope she does not have any annoying typical barbie daughters, then I would have to be the bad person and tell her off. As you can tell I'm not a huge fan of those girly girls, sure I love to shop and talk now and then but seriously? I don't see how some girls dress like they're going swimming all the time and flirt with anything that moves. Oh well, all this thinking of annoying chicks is pissing me off. I look for my ipod in my purse, I pull out a white ipod nano and put on the song Getting Into You by Relient K.

I woke to the flight attendant telling me that I've already landed in California. Great, I am so excited! (note the sarcasm) I take my huge black luggage and matching bag, everything else is already at their house. Well I guess it's my new house now, I really hope they aren't like some serial killers or something because then I would have to fly all the way back and I don't like flying. When I got to the airport there was a nice looking woman with blonde hair standing there with a sign saying welcome with my name. Wow, she looks like she's only in her early twenty's considering my mom was only thirty-four when she died. I always wondered why my mom and dad looked like they never age but they always told me it was because my mom was only eighteen when she had me which meant my dad was only twenty. I walked up to the woman and she smiled at me.

"Hello, you must be Kalana right? You look so much like your mother when she was your age. My name is Sally Redford, you're mother's best friend from high school!" She extended her arms out while dropping the sign. Obviously I didn't want to see rude so I embraced her in a light hug.

"Hi it's nice to meet you Mrs.Redford. You can call me KC if you'd like. I'm very grateful you're letting me stay with you." I said with a polite voice, pulling away from her.

"Nonsense, you can call me Sally! I am so happy you're staying with me so you are very welcome. Come on let's get going, the car is just outside. I nodded and smiled. I thought once I saw this lady I could stay mad at my parents for leaving me with some random person I never even knew existed but once I saw Sally I knew it was impossible for me to stay mad, she was so nice! We walked outside and she grabbed my luggage and put it in a 2011 black jeep grand cherokee. What can I say I know my cars? As she closed the trunk and got in the front seat I followed and went to the passenger seat. 

"So the house isn't too far from here, just like a twenty-five mintue drive. Do you have any questions you'd like to ask me?" Sally spoke. I nodded and I tried to think of which question to ask out of all the questions filling up my head.